7850 maximum display support for two cards

Updated on 04-06-2015 in HD 7000 Series
3 on 03-06-2015

I want to use two 7850 eyefinity 6 cards to support working from 9 displays ( all dvi connected at the monitor )

Is this possible with two of these cards and using all active min dp to dvi adapters?

• Liked by
0 on 03-06-2015

Hi,
You can power up to 24 displays with the latest Catalyst OMEGA drivers and using 4 cards. In your case 9 displays is not a problem.
Now, for the outputs to DVI you need on each card 2 passive adapters and 4 active adapters if you do not have DisplayPort displays.
Check this page if you want to find out more about Eyefinity

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 03-06-2015

thanks Paul. I actually have only two PCI-e slots on my motherboard. Can I still power nine ok? I am thinking it is best still to use 9 active adapters to dvi?!

Would I be able to crossfire the three from one card to game with the three on the other card using an eyefinity profile ( assuming it is best to use a ffull 6 on one card and 3 on another). MOst of the time I want eyefinity desktop management disabled though to work from 9 monitors using actuial window manager software.

also – why doesn’t the 7870 eyefinity versions support more recent versions of open gl and direct x? thanks

on 04-06-2015

If you have 6 displays you can set 3 displays as extended mode and one eyefinity 3 for gaming, save this profile under catalyst. Then you can set another profile to set all 6 displays on Eyefinity 6. This way you can always run different profiles as you wish.
You can Crossfire the cards if you wish.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel