7850 problem connecting monitors

Updated on 16-08-2016 in HD 7000 Series
3 on 15-08-2016

I have 2No. iiyama Prolite x2783hsu monitors & 2No iiyama Pro lite t2252mts I can only wseem to get 3No. monitrs working, I am using mini hdmi to hdmi cables for all connections do I need to ad active adapers or ?
Need help

I am running windows 10 64bit.

I want the to end up with 4No 2No. iiyama Prolite x2783hsu &  2No iiyama Pro lite t2252mts need help

• Liked by
2 on 15-08-2016

Hello Clivej,

I am not quite sure what you mean by “i am using mini-hdmi to hdmi cables” but i assume you mean you are using mini-dp to hdmi cables.

In general:
When you want to use more than 2 screens you need to enable the Eyefinity Feature.
You do this by using the Displayport output on the Card (easy in this case).
OS needs to be WIN Vista or newer.

When connecting Screens with DP input, you can use all passive / normal cables (although we do advise to always use at least 1 active adapter cable).
When using screens without DP input, you will need Active Adapters for all screens after the first 2 …

Screen 1: with normal or passive Mini-DP to HDMI Cable (or adapter)  
Screen 2: with normal or passive Mini-DP to HDMI Cable (or adapter)
Screen 3: with active MiniDP to HDMI Active Adapter with EF support and HDMI Cable
Screen 4: with active MiniDP to HDMI Active Adapter with EF support and HDMI Cable

Active Mini-DP to HDMI Adpater with EF support for instance:
CAC-1170: http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/mini-displayport-12-to-hdmi-20-uhd-active-adapter.html

on 15-08-2016

How do i change the “Displayport output on the Card” in windows 10

on 16-08-2016

sorry, i dont understand what you mean by that

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel