CAC-1073 cable adapter dropping signal, blackscreen at random with sony x800D 43″ tv ?

Updated on 14-04-2017 in Adapters and Cables
13 on 15-03-2017

I have the cable version of this dp 1.2 to hdmi adapter and randomly ill lose the screen.. goes black, drops out for a few seconds.
https://www.amazon.com/Club3D-CAC-1073-DisplayPort-Active-Adapter/dp/B01MXIF3YD/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pl_foot_top?ie=UTF8

I’m using a 1080 ftw hybrid with the sony 43″ x800D..

Any known fixes for this?

I run at RGB full at the 4k resolution.

Thanks

• Liked by
3 on 16-03-2017

Sorry to hear this.

It often helps to use the first DP ouput on the GTX1080 which is the one with only HDMI next to it.

–          Setup

Setups with TV’s normally work best by making a custom resolution, in this case for: 3840*2160 at 60 Hz with Timing Standard set to CVT-RB (Reduced Blanking ).

On most Sony  TV’s  “Enhanced Mode” needs to be “On” for the HDMI 2.0 port in use.

Please make sure the HDMI port of the Screen/TV supports 4K 60 Hz, often not all HDMI inputs support that.

Please make sure the Software of the TV is updated.
Firmware will be send over by [email protected]

on 16-03-2017

Thanks.. i had also emailed.. you guys also sent the firmware file, however when i run it, i got an error about a mismatch (ran as admin).

I should also mention i’m running at essentially 4:4:4 at 60hz and 4k (RGB full), might this actually fall outside the bandwidth limitation of hdmi 2.0 on the other end?

on 16-03-2017

edit: i guess the bandwidth shouldnt exceed 18gbps for 4:4:4 60 8bit or rgb full..

either way, the firmware updater threw that error.

on 17-03-2017

Here is what the adapter supports:

So yes in 3840×2160 60Hz 4:4:4: the BPC color depth need to be at 8Bit otherwise the signal get too big for HDMI2.0.
MisMatch error, should only happens when there are more graphics gpu’s in a system (SLI or Dual Graphics Setups) or some other active device connected is disrupting the signal (like MST Hub or active switch).

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 10-04-2017

There is this cable CAC-1073 tv lguh850v gpu r9 270x all worked perfectly while one day after waking up the PC after sleep the adapter is not active no signal

on 10-04-2017

Hi Aris,

• AMD Drivers

Especially when using the upgrade feature to update drivers can give issues, because old files can remain in the registry of windows and can be “in the way”. Please make a new clean driver installation to make sure that part is ok. I know AMD made many driver updates after that, however most aimed at RX400 series only. I do hear end-users with R9 200/300 series Cards reporting that driver versions from 16.12.2 (or later) also works quite well for them.
Please uninstall the current Graphics driver and all related Graphics software like Afterburner/GPU-Z or whatever graphics related software you might have installed. Best way to remove Driver Software is to boot Windows in Safe mode, so the registry can also be cleaned. When you system does not allow you to do that, you can also use a program like DDU to remove such software:  
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/  

Reboot and manually download and install 16.8.3 graphics driver (don’t let auto installer from Windows do that)  You can find here:  http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous/detail?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064&rev=16.8.3
or
a newer version if you prefer … but please do not use any driver from 16.9.1 ~ 16.12.1; here you can find listing of drivers …
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

Sometimes it could also be that software update for the TV “resetted” some settings like turn off the UHD Color uoption or something like that … please check that as well.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 10-04-2017

Thank you very Match for support I did it everyting wait you see bat again no signal displayport onli hdmi port in gpu give me signal pictures to my TV

on 11-04-2017

I will ask support to send you an email so you can check the cable

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 11-04-2017

Thanks.. i had also emailed.. you guys also sent the firmware file i run it, i got an error (no graphics card find) wait happens?

on 12-04-2017

That means that your Grpahcis Card is not recognized by the Updater Program and also not by the Cable. That is not suppose to happen most certainly not with a clean driver installation.
You have 1 Graphics Card in your system  (no integrated Graphics in the CPU)?
Please disconnect any other active device (Like MST Hub, Switch, other Active Adaters etc) you might have connected to the system during firmware update.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 12-04-2017

MST1407 thanks for supporting me so day !!!i have one card in may system r9 270x

on 13-04-2017

Can you check if you have a System Restore point the you can load form before the problem started …

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 14-04-2017

i load restore point its seem no active adaptor, way the AuxUpdate_0_08.release don’t find r9 270x

• Liked by
Cancel