Club 3d CAC-1080 not working as intended?

Updated on 03-04-2018 in Adapters and Cables
4 on 29-03-2018

Hello

I bought a new CAC-1080 to use between my PC and my receiver(which is connected to my TV), but I don’t get any signal. I tried the adapter between PC and monitor and it works BUT I only get 640×480 resolution and I can’t change it. I also tried directly into my TV and it showed me VGA – HDMI which is very weird since it’s displayport and same as the monitor, only 640×480 and I can’t change it.
I have another adapter(not club 3d) that works between PC and TV, and I get 4k/60hz with no problem. With these tests, I have come to the conclusion that it must be the adapter.
I have also tried 3 different HDMI cables, both my displayports on my GTX 1080 ti and re-installed my drivers.
Anyone had similar issues?

• Liked by
1 on 29-03-2018

I have a similar problem, I tried 3 HDMI 2.0 cables on my 3 displayport output and I ordered a cable StarTech HDMI HDMM2MLP certified and still black screen, when starting windows 10 I have a picture of the start and the usual logo with the point that turns but when I arrive on my TV it becomes black and loses connection with the Samsung TV UN58MU6100F (UHD HDR), my video card is an EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3. When I connect to my HDMI output no problem, but I have 2 identical TV and I need an adapter for the 2nd and it does not work on neither

on 30-03-2018

For the HDR feature to work, you would need a Graphics Card with DisplayPort 1.4 Output, WIN 10 Fall Creators Edition RS3 (build or newer) and Nvidia driver 390 (or newer).

In general

• Setup

Setups with TV’s normally work best by making a custom resolution, 3840*2160 at 60 Hz with Timing Standard set to CVT-RB (Reduced Blanking).

(For setups with Monitors Timing Standard can remain on “auto”.)

On most TV’s you will need to do some settings like “Enhanced Mode”/ “PC-Mode” and/or “UHD Color” for the HDMI 2.0 port in use. 

Please make sure the HDMI port of the Screen/TV supports 4K 60 Hz, often not all HDMI inputs support that.

I will ask [email protected] to send you by email the latest firmware for the adapter that became available yesterday.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 01-04-2018

It worked perfectly with HDR for 2 days. Yesterday when I was going to shutdown my game it crashed, got blue lines all over my TV and had to power down my PC. Today I can’t get a signal to my TV. The adapter broke didn’t it?

on 03-04-2018

Hello Toby8787,

That is a new one for me, but indeed does not sound good.
PC is working OK Still ? (i mean wihtout the adapter).

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel