CSV-5300A on HP Envy 15-3040NR Laptop

Updated on 07-05-2015 in MST Hub
1 on 07-05-2015

Recently purchased the CSV-5300A displayport hub to try and get my 3 external monitor set up to work.

I am trying to get the 3 x Dell U2414H monitors running in extended mode.

The 3 x Dell U2414H’s I have, when set up in daisy chain mode, does not work. Despite setting the monitors up to DP 1.2 MST mode in the monitor menu – they only mirror, and are not recognised as independent monitors in Device Manager (only recognises one Dell U2414H (Displayport).

I then plugged in the MST Hub, but it also only displays in mirror mode. Device Manager also reports only seeing one monitor.

I have also set the BIOS Non-Switchable graphics, but that does not resolve my issue.

AMD drivers have also been updated to the latest. It is suppose to show a Displayport option, but it does not.

Intel Display drivers are also updated.

BIOS is also the latest BIOS available from HP.

HP Material does not advise which version of DP it handles, however the outside indicates a D++ on it, so I am assuming it is 1.2 Standard.

My set up is as follows:

Laptop – HP Envy 15-3040NR
Product Number: A9P60UA
Processor: Core i7-2670QM Quad Core
Graphics Device 1: AMS Radeon 660M and 6700M
Graphics Device 2: Intel HD Graphics 3000
External Monitor model: 3 x Dell U2414H Monitors

Please help.

• Liked by
0 on 07-05-2015

Hi,

We do not have any experience on the device you have but my best guess is that the Intel HD graphics is using the MST Hub instead of the AMD graphics.
My suggestion is to go to your device manager and disable the Intel HD graphics, go to the list and you should see the device, just right click and disable the graphics card.
Please note that this recommendation is based that you cannot disable this from your BIOS and I suggest to contact HP for further information.
Kind regards

• Liked by
Cancel