CSV-5300H Surface Pro 3 Windows 10

Updated on 16-09-2015 in MST Hub
2 on 15-09-2015

Hello, I recently purchased 2 CSV-5300H devices for some work I’m doing. I have 2 Surface Pro 3 (i5, 256, 8) devices connected to docks. When I plug the MST Hub in, nothing happens. nothing at all. No found new hardware, nadda. I’ve tried swapping Surface devices, I’ve tried both MST Hubs, etc. and nothing at all. 🙁
I’m assuming I’m missing something, but I expected them to “just work”. I don’t see a driver suite, etc. required to make these work. Units are both Running Windows 10. Also funny enough the Power supplies that shipped with the Units require a C6 type power cord, but the devices shipped with a C14 type. I had a couple lying around, so I’m past that point. There’s no lights, etc. on the MST hubs that light up when plugged into power and signal, so I’m not sure what’s going on here… can anyone help? 🙂

• Liked by
0 on 16-09-2015

Hi Jcoyne,

The MST Feature is supported by the OS therefor there is no driver needed for the MST Hubs.
Please make sure you have OS fully updated and also the latest Intel Graphics driver installed.

Please connect the MST Hub directly to the Surface and start with 1 screen connected to the hub. Make sure power is on the Hub and Screens. Wndows should see the screen, perhaps not “activated” yet or something like that. Go windows settings to check on resolution/frequency for the screen. Then do the next … it should indeed be as simple as that.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 16-09-2015

Which screens are you using ?
I know that under Windows MultiMonitor setups, Dell screens are not the easiest ones to use. Don’t get me wrong, quality of the Dell screens is in general very good, just not the easiest ones to use in such a setup. You can find some tips here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DellMonitorSupportingDisplayPort12Multi-StreamTransport.aspx

Also it is best to connect hub to the Surface directly (not the dock although i have seen that work as well) and not use Active Cables to go from the Hub to the screen. The MST Hub is already active and the signal might even get to “strong” when using srealtively short active cables.

• Liked by
Cancel