HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 ?

Updated 1 day ago in Adapters and Cables
5 on 02-02-2018

For those will a Dell P2415Q and P2715Q monitors..you don’t need a convertor! Dell for some reason locked the monitor at HDMI 1.4. You can disable this. Follow this link. IT WORKS! My PS4 Pro and monitor are now 4K after a year of waiting. If I knew this earlier…sigh.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/sg/en/sgdhs1/sln306595/setting-up-p2415q-p2715q-monitors-with-hdmi-20-support-4k-x-2k-60hz?lang=en

on 02-02-2018

this is amazing, I wish Benq BL3201 had the same feature 🙁

on 03-02-2018
IT WORKS! My PS4 Pro and monitor are now 4K after a year of waiting. If I knew this earlier…sigh.
From dirty8super

IT WORKS! [2]

Thanks!!! 

on 03-02-2018

My P2715Q has 4K 60Hz enabled by default on HDMI. I tried this on my P2415Q which had only 4K 30Hz enabled on HDMI. It worked after a couple tries (4K 60Hz over HDMI). The thing that was weird is that the Enable and Disable option didn’t redraw when I pressed up or down but you can see the selection has changed when you go into the option again. The cable needs to be unplugged on the PC side, you can leave it plugged in on the monitor side.

on 03-02-2018

is there a simillar solution for the asus rog pg27aq?

2 days ago

The method provided above works for my Dell P2715Q as well. Thank You very much for the tip! I also wish I would have known this information earlier, but better late than never.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 03-02-2018

My P2715Q

januar 2016 it works 4k60 
thank you  
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 03-02-2018

My P2715Q

januar 2016 it works 4k60 
thank you  
  • Liked by
Cancel
11 on 07-02-2018

I talked to GaminTechLTD and they sent that to me this.

https://gamintechshop.weebly.com/store/p11/New_-_HDMI_2.0_to_DisplayPort_1.4_Adapter.html

The converter is explained on our website. It allows for a Displayport monitor to display 4K HDR content at 60hz from a device that is capable of up to HDMI 2.0 content. This means that devices such as the Sony PS4 Pro and Microsoft Xbox One X can display 4K HDR content at 60hz to your DisplayPort enabled monitor with the help of our adapter

on 07-02-2018

They changed it. The one I got is a simple dp and hdmi adapter with a usb port.

on 07-02-2018

I hope they changed it, because the device they pictured is this:
https://www.c2g.com/uk/product/80928/displayport-to-hdmi-vga-or-dvi-adapter-converter#support
which is a DisplayPort to HDMI 1.4, VGA, DVI adapter.

I would like to see a url to their webpage that explains their converter.

on 07-02-2018

Yeah that’s not even what I received got a standard converter it’s not even a box. Don’t get me wrong though, it works as advertised so i guess someone in their company is retarded or who knows they work with C2G which is retarded in itself.

on 09-02-2018

I emailed their support asking for a spec sheet. They didn’t give me one, but they did give me a bit more information about the product.

“Hello,

Our HDMI 2.0 to DP 1.4 Adapter will cease to be manufactured in April 2018. We won’t be supporting it anymore. However, you could still order from the batch that’s left. The adapter lets you use an HDMI 2.0 device such as a game console on a monitor which is only capable of a DisplayPort connection. It supports resolutions up to 4960×2160 at 60hz 4:4:4 with HDR support as well. HDCP is also not an issue which you would tend to see on other adapters which can only exceed up to the 1920×1200 resolution.

Thanks,
Mathew Grey at gamintechsales”

Seems pretty fishy, especially seeing as how people here have been stating that gamin has/will discontinue the product for a while now, and then they go and “update” it to dp1.4 and then straight away claim it will be discontinued once again.

However If someone wants to risk it and provide proof, I hope we’re all proven wrong!

on 09-02-2018

Yeah i have an older model then its not a box its a simply adapter l im gonna make a video soon i ask them things and i feel like they beat around the bush at times i asked about the update to the adapter and they said it is simply a typo wtf

on 09-02-2018

Wow my adapter just stopped working

on 09-02-2018

lol nvm usb plug was out damn i got kind of frightened thinking the quality was shit on these had a mini heart attack for a second

4 days ago

I dont believe the crap gamingtechsales

4 days ago

You may not believe it but I do. I got my adapter so you really cant say they’re “crap” I think they’re strange people when it comes to business but they’re not full of shit at least in MY experience.

4 days ago

Picture, please.

1 day ago

So noone tested the “new” 1.4 ? I recall someone saying that dp 1.4 uses four lanes for delivering 4k 60hz, while 1.2 uses two lanes at max frequency in order to do that. Do you think I am right?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
12 5 days ago

I’m also looking for a HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 adapter, and found this after a lot of Googling:
http://www.partilink.com/product-info.php?id=94

I contacted Partilink and they confirmed the product will be available in March, and will be priced $200.

5 days ago

$50 more than gamintech’s offering but it’s an easier way to pay. Nice not too long until we have a big company offering one.

5 days ago

They have support for DP 1.2 but gamintech has support for 1.4 on my adapter so is that a downgrade for Partilink could someone check since gamintech isnt responding to this question of mine after i got the item

5 days ago

Partilink was mentioned on page 4 of this thread.

There are very few displays that use DP 1.4. The Dell 8K display does. DP 1.4 allows 4K at 120 Hz or two 4K at 60 Hz. 8K requires two 3840 x 4320 60 Hz connections which means using two DP 1.4 cables (8K is four times larger than 4K).

HDMI 2.0 can’t do more than 14.4 Gbits/s. DisplayPort 1.2 allows slightly more at 17.28 Gbits/s so there’s no point in using DisplayPort 1.4.

I think any DisplayPort 1.4 display that exists in the future will work fine with a 4K 60Hz DisplayPort 1.2 signal.

5 days ago

Yeah i have that 8k monitor so i was confused with that

2 days ago

I’m also looking for a HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 adapter, and found this after a lot of Googling:
http://www.partilink.com/product-info.php?id=94

I contacted Partilink and they confirmed the product will be available in March, and will be priced $200.

From Yogarine

Any idea also where this is going to be for sale? or only through there website?

2 days ago

Hi Techbundy, if you scroll up joevt bought one and reported everything about his/her experience

2 days ago

Again, Mu7ammad, we asked multiple times for pictures of the adapter. Could you please provides us with one?

2 days ago
Hi Techbundy, if you scroll up joevt bought one and reported everything about his/her experienceFrom Luca Delponte

Sorry my technical english is not that great,,

But as i can read this adapter will be available and will let me play 4k 60hz with my xbox one on hdmi2.0>DP1.2 connection?

Ill be happy to pay 200$ thats better than a new 4k screen?

What is your opinion on this?

2 days ago

From what the report from joevt it seems like it. But, if you actually READ the whole report, you would find out that after shipping and taxes the adapter for the moment is nearly 400$. Please scroll up.

2 days ago
From what the report from joevt it seems like it. But, if you actually READ the whole report, you would find out that after shipping and taxes the adapter for the moment is nearly 400$. Please scroll up.From Luca Delponte

Yeah so we should wait another few months? wait till things get cheaper if they ever going to be.. what a hassle for one adapter haha.

Thanks bud for the quick reply

2 days ago
From what the report from joevt it seems like it. But, if you actually READ the whole report, you would find out that after shipping and taxes the adapter for the moment is nearly 400$. Please scroll up.From Luca Delponte
Again, Mu7ammad, we asked multiple times for pictures of the adapter. Could you please provides us with one?From Luca Delponte

Hey, I’m sorry for the wait I don’t remember you asking me for anything but I’ve shared images of it now. It’s the ordinary generic looking HDMI-DP adapter with a USB powering plug which when i take it out causes the screen to go black so it’s a necessity. This makes me wonder if i’m missing out on any detail as although the picture quality is superb other companies with $400 converters might have better technology otherwise there wouldn’t be a huge price difference. If this $400 converter is out I’ll definitely give it a shot as my monitor is irreplaceable. I’m also done creating a video showcasing the adapter. I experienced a new issue however. The input is not detected after hours of playtime and I find that the adapter is extremely hot when this occurs but I fixed it by placing a fan in the back of my setup to keep it cool (I guess it is working so my idea of the adapter overheating might be true) but I’m going to see if gamintech is willing to replace my adapter since the lifespan of this adapter might be short given the abnormality it’s been producing. The image quality is amazing on my display, and I think it (my monitor) upscales it to 8K (maybe?) because it beats the XBRX830C I own.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RiJhso1_yjdf8Dweq-9RKg4fuOWr45_i

1 day ago

Thank you extremely much Mu7ammad. Could you also add a picture of either the screen’s overlay “connection state” e.g. () or your windows out frequency/resolution ( e.g.  ) so that we have the picture “3840 × 2160 60 Hz” in your picture collection?
Thank you very much again

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel

I have a PS4 PRO, and LG31MU97 I’m trying to get it to work at 4k resolution but it’s only displaying at 1080p at 60hz, is there a way for me to use my 4k monitor, and display 4k? all help is appreciated  thanks in advance 🙂

2 days ago

The spec sheet for LG31MU97 says it supports 4K at 30 Hz on HDMI.

If the PS4 Pro won’t do 4K at 30 Hz (because Sony doesn’t like you or they think it makes games look bad), but will do 4K at 60 Hz (because Sony wants you to buy a new display), then you need to use the DisplayPort connection of the LG31MU97 to do 4K at 60 Hz.

To use the DisplayPort connection of the LG31MU97, you need to use a HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 converter, like the ones we’re discussing in this thread.

I don’t have a PS4 Pro to test my HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 converter.

2 days ago

which one do you suggest I get?

2 days ago

I only tried the opto-media one.

The partilink one might be interesting – it will output to two DisplayPort displays but I don’t think any of us need that feature. It says it will transmit at least stereo audio over DisplayPort which will be useful if your DisplayPort display has audio (the LG31MU97 doesn’t have audio).

The opto-media converter extracts audio to analog RCA or digital S/PDIF instead and does not output audio on DisplayPort. This feature doesn’t matter in the case of the PS4 Pro because the PS4 Pro also has a separate audio output.

The prices are about the same (i.e. very expensive).

2 days ago

Looks like gamintech updated their website. The image of their HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.4 converter has been updated.
https://gamintechshop.weebly.com

Their converter looks like HDMI 1.4 to DisplayPort 1.2 adapters I’ve tried in the past where it uses USB for power. It’s most similar (or exactly the same) to the one from StarTech. StarTech has a sticker on the HDMI connector on the underside (shown blank in the gamintech picture). It’s possible StarTech is using the same Chinese manufacturer except gamintech somehow gets an HDMI 2.0 version?

Curiously, the one I have from StarTech doesn’t match the image on the StarTech website (the shape of the plastic around the DisplayPort connector is different – mine is rectangular, has no grip lines, and has slightly convex top and bottom surfaces with no markings).

2 days ago

So, one which seems to be the working one? I’m still quite confused about the entire thing. I’m surprised no one has this converter when there’s clearly a demand in this market for these type of converters.

1 day ago

Mu7ammad posted pictures (link in an above post) of the HDMI 2.0 adapter he got from gamintech. It looks like my HDMI 1.4 adapter from StarTech instead of the HDMI 1.4 adapter on StarTech’s website or the HDMI 2.0 adapter on gamintech’s website.

This is more evidence that StarTech and Gamintech are using the same Chinese manufacturer? Is it possible that the adapters are the same, except the Gamintech one is overclocked to support HDMI 2.0 input? Maybe overclocking causes the overheating problem reported by Mu7ammad? Maybe that’s why StarTech doesn’t sell a HDMI 2.0 version?

The converter I have has heatsinks on the chips and has a metal shell also used as a heatsink. The Gamintech/StarTech adapters just have plastic shells.

1 day ago

So which ones worth getting?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel