MST CSV-5200 Monitors disconnect after coming out of Sleep Mode

Updated on 31-12-2015 in MST Hub
3 on 29-12-2015

I have 2 Dell 27″ monitors attached via DisplayPort to CSV-5200 going to Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. When computer goes to sleep, every so often when coming back out, the monitors disconnect (can’t see them at all in Display Settings). If I unplug the USB power and re-plug it in, something that does the trick (pain though). Other times, that doesn’t work and I have to reboot the Surface Pro 4. Suspect this is not expected behavior on the MST?

I have not tried replacing all the cables and checked here first as that starts costing money and time 🙂

CSV-5200 Rev A3-2.1 FW 0.45 511.

Thanks for any help.

• Liked by
1 on 30-12-2015

Hello MJP1966,

Unfortunately i have heard that before.
It looks like the sleep mode causes the HUB to loose power and there there really no connection to the screens anymore. When system awakes, it cannot make a “digital handshake” with the screens because they are not out of sleep yet and you will get no picture. Kind of a timing issue so to say. It should be solved by pressing the reset button on the back of the MST Hub. That will “build up” a new connection (much like unplugging the device does).

on 31-12-2015

Thanks for the info. Any fix coming for this as my setup is typical I suspect? Is this a faulty unit if its happening only certain customers?

I hit the reset switch, but didn’t so anything. Held is down for 10 secs as well and nothing came on. Once I rebooted it, it came back.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 31-12-2015

This has been reported and were hoping there’s a possibility that this can be solved with a Firmware Update. However since this issue did not seem to exist under WIN8 it could very well be that with a next WIN10 update the issue will go away … we will announce news on this when we receive it.

• Liked by
Cancel