MST Hub support different or adaptive hz/hertz in mirror mode hardware 1 to 1?

Updated on 27-12-2016 in MST Hub
9 on 02-12-2016

MST Hub support different or adaptive hz/hertz in mirror mode?

So as a streamer, you typical would want an splitter to clone your main gaming screen and get it captured by a another PC streaming machine with an capture card, to remove any extra load of your main machine to maintain highest possible FPS and avoid lag while streaming and gaming.

But if you run todays DVI splitters with an capture card that can only handle 60hz and your monitor that runs 144hz > mirror it to splitter > capture card will not handle it since its trying to get more than 60hz as input.

My question is, does MST hub actually mirror/capture x to x hardware wise inside the box or does it just tell windows to mirror like you would normally do via windows? and is MST hub only for usage if you you have 1 dp out and just want a few extra?

There’s no cheap solution out there THAT i know of, if you want to stream and play with 144hz monitor and remove the load from main machine to capture card the only really known solution hardware wise is a device that cost way over 1000$ and its only because they support over 330 pixel clock which make them being able to accept 144hz input.

http://www.datapath.co.uk/video-capture-cards/vision-range/visiondvi-dl
http://www.datapath.co.uk/video-capture-cards/visionsc-range/visionsc-dp2

• Liked by
0 on 02-12-2016

Hello Wazer,

We have not tested this nut i dont see why that would not work.
I mean a 1920x1080p signal at 144Hz or even 2560x1440p at 144Hz fits over DP1.2 ouput, and the MST Hub can do Stream Cloning, meaning it can stream a single video signal to 2 outputs. This way you will not be using it as an MST Hub but as a SST Hub …
Signals are generated by the system, not the MST HUB, however in case of use in SST Mode, the system will be making one signal.
Hope that answers your questions.

• Liked by
Cancel
7 on 02-12-2016

Would you guys be able to test this before I buy, and if this actually works a lot of streamers would buy your devices because the price of more than 1000$ for a single device is very costly for many, including my self.

on 21-12-2016

Sorry for the late reaction Wazer.
I checked with R&D and yes 2560x1600p at 144Hz will work on an MST hub

on 21-12-2016
Sorry for the late reaction Wazer.
I checked with R&D and yes 2560x1600p at 144Hz will work on an MST hubFrom MST1407

Yes but will the cloning be able to do 1920×1080 at 144hz while the other is only running 1920×1080 at 60 hz, notice 144 and 60 while cloning and without using the graphics card resources to clone the picture twice at different HZ.

on 21-12-2016

When the 1080p is connected to the card directly it should be possible with only the 144Hz screens connected to the MST HUB. All screens connected to the MST Hub will not go …

on 21-12-2016

So if I understand this correct, we streamers wont be able to use it then with the difference in 144/60hz. The hole magic is to only have 1 video output, split it to two one for main screen 144hz and one for capture card 60hz without taking up more resources.

on 22-12-2016

indeed, that wont work. USing only video output means it has to clone the image, meaning the 2 outputs will be indentical, so if the 1st is 144Hz the second one will be that also… 
Sorry :-S

on 22-12-2016

Maybe this is an opportunity for you guys to create such device, would be used by every streamer with 2 combo pc setup… Let me know if anything could come out of this?

on 27-12-2016

i forwarded your suggestion to Product Managment and R&D … you be the first to knwo when i hear something back 🙂

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel