Radeon HD 7850 Eyefinity 6 – multiscreen

Updated on 17-12-2015 in HD 7000 Series
5 on 01-12-2015

Hey all,

we have 6 Full HD LED TV’s connected with HDMI cables and an adapter to the 6x mini-displayports on the videocard (because the TV’s don’t have a mini display port connection) but only max 5 TV’s are getting a signal.

We have tested different adapter setups:
– 6 passive (mini displayport to HDMI female )
– 1 active and 5 passive
– 4 active and 2 passive

The latest AMD Radeon Crimson driver is installed, the OS is Windows 10 64-bit.

Active mini displayport to HDMI female adapter: Delock 4K active, parade PS171 chipset
Motherboard: msi Z97 PC Mate
Tv: Samsung ED46D
PowerSupply: Corsair VS550
Memory: 8GB RAM
CPU: intel i5-4440

How can we activate the 6 TV’s, can someone advice us?
Kenny

• Liked by
3 on 01-12-2015

Hi Kenny,

What Graphics Card are you using?

To make Eyefinity 6 work in general ;
OS WIN Vista or newer.
Make use of the DisplayPort output on the card (easy on this card, because this card only has DP outputs)
When connecting Screens with DP input you can connect those directly with “normal” or “passive” cables.
When connecting Screens without DP input, so DVI or HDMI, you will need active adapters with Eyefinity support for all screens after the first 2.

So in your case like this:
Screen 1 : Connect with normal/passive adapter cable plus HDMI Cable to the TV
Screen 2 : Connect with normal/passive adapter cable plus HDMI Cable to the TV
Screen 3 : Connect with an active adapter with Eyefinity support plus HDMI Cable to the TV
Screen 4 : Connect with an active adapter with Eyefinity support plus HDMI Cable to the TV
Screen 5 : Connect with an active adapter with Eyefinity support plus HDMI Cable to the TV
Screen 6 : Connect with an active adapter with Eyefinity support plus HDMI Cable to the TV

I do not know the Delock Active Adapter you mention, it seems to be ab active one but i am not sure it actually support Eyefinity, like our CAC-1153 does for sure.
http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/mini-displayport-to-hdmi-active-3d-adapter-cable.html

Also please note that there’s a limitation to the length of the HDMI you can use. Normally cables over 3 meters will need to be active.
And last but not least, please check on the configuration of the screens, although you can output 6 x 1920x1080p at 60Hz you cannot place all 6 screens vertically next to each other, please check this link:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/gpu50-ati-eyefinity-display-configs.aspx

Best regards,

Marcel

on 16-12-2015

uhm, i’m fairly certain that i’ve had no problems setting up 5 monitors in a 5×1 Eyefinity group and used it for gaming, that seems a bit outdated? (c3d 7850 eye6, 2xPassive-DVI/3xActive-DVI 1280×1024/75hz)

on 16-12-2015

since you’ve gotten 5 displays to work, your try with 4 active / 2 passive was nearly right, you just need to move the two passive to the ports near the motherboard 🙂

on 16-12-2015

Hey Marcel,
thanks for your reply, i have all 6 screens working now using your instructions.

The only problem remaining is: i cannot create one (or multiple) infinity groups with different orientations in the latest AMD Crimson control panel with my configuration (see img), and this is required to use the bezel correction.
L – P -L
L – P -L

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 17-12-2015

Hi Kenny, i have the same problem 🙁
We have already asked AMD fro feedback/fix for this issue, so far i do not have a solution for that, i am very sorry to say

• Liked by
Cancel