Radeon HD 7850: trouble connecting 6 TV’s

Updated on 09-06-2016 in HD 7000 Series
8 on 12-05-2016

Good morning,

We have recently completed the purchase of a graphics card Radeon HD 7850 EYEFINITY 6. We find that 5 flat 6 we want to connect can see but the sixth never works, the problem is not the TV because if we change the cable works correctly. When we go to the configuration of the resolution (Windows control panel) display all appear to us as “off the screen” and black; if we are clicking on them and mark it as “Extend these displays” all but one of them work the following message appears: “Unable to save display settings”.

We use Windows 7 x64 and AMD Radeon driver Crimson Edition Software version Display Driver 16.15.2211. The screens are connected by HDMI i this adapter: http://www.pccomponentes.com/adaptador_mini_display_port_a_hdmi_calidad_4k.html.
Club 3D comment from me that I have from the third screen MiniDisplay have to use active ports. They not sure if I’ve mentioned above are or not.

The computer is a Dell Precision Tower 5810 BTX Base

Motherboard: Chipset 63-0100-000001-00101111-032914-$ 0AAAA000_BIOS DATE: 04/14/15 18:53:34 SEE: A07.00
RAM: 16GB
CPU: Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU @ 3.50GHz E5-1650 v3

Thanks for the help in advance

• Liked by
2 on 12-05-2016

Hi InformaticaCT, you are correct. When using the HD 7850 to connect 6 monitors which do not  support DisplayPort natively (so HDMI, DVI etc), the best solution is to connect two monitors with Passive Mini DP to HDMI adapters and the remaining four with Active Mini DP to HDMI adapters, like our CAC-1153: 

https://www.amazon.es/CLUB3D-DisplayPort-Active-Adapter-Cable/dp/B00F3N3K60/

on 12-05-2016

Thank you very much for the reply. My question is because I work with five screens with passive adapters? I encounter the problem that only five screens and also see that every time you restart the computer unconfigures everything. You think i 2 4 active passive adapters will solve these problems?

And sorry to take but there is a possibility need to connect 2 screens more. If I wanted to do corssfire there any Blast 2-port that is compatible with this that I have now?

Thanks in advance and sorry for so many doubts.

on 12-05-2016

OK, Royalking but where would that send mail? Yesterday fill in a form on the website of Club3D and he said someone in Spanish but when I answered the email received no response. I could talk to the phone or through a direct email address?

Thank you

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on 26-05-2016

Hi InformaticaCT,

A CGAX-7856M6 does not support more than 6 screens. When you place another CGAX-7856M6 you could connect another 6 screens. No need for Crossfire just let them run independent.
Yes there is a good chance that with the active adapters your configuration will be recognized at boot. Also you can make a Preset in the Crimson software, in case the system for whatever reason does not recognize the configuration, you can just load that preset setting you saved.

on 26-05-2016

We have now put 4 active and 2 passive adapters. We find that saves the configuration but is set while the sixth screen. When you want to make an extension to the sixth screen, the message continues to appear: “You can save the settings screen”.

on 08-06-2016

I am back, sorry for the delay :-S
Windows sees the 6th screen ?
Is the screen enabled in windows ?
Did you make an eyefinity group or are they all running independent ?
What screens ar you using ?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 09-06-2016
Hi,

Thank you for yours answers. I solved the problem with 5 Active Mini DP to HDMI adapters.
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 09-06-2016

good to hear it works 🙂

• Liked by
Cancel