USB-C Dockingstation CSV-1560 4k@60hz?

Updated on 10-07-2017 in Docking Station
5 on 01-07-2017

Hey guys.

So I’m looking for a nice Dockingstation to my Macbook 12″ (2016). So far I’ve been using de Club3D Mini-Dock with HDMI 2.0, which gives me the possibility of adding a 4k@60hz display while charging and having one USB-A Port. I’d like to add some more ports without loosing the possibility of having 4k@60hz on my external monitor.

I’ve been looking at the USB-C Dockingstation (CSV-1560) which has a Displayport 1.2 and several USB-A 3.0 Ports. The Specifications say it supports 4k@30hz. Now I’m wondering, why that is. DP 1.2 via altmode should support 4k@60hz. Of Course the USB-A Ports would only be supporting speeds of USB 2.0, but that wouldn’t really bother me.

I wonder if there is a reason, the resolution is not supported and also if the resolution really is not supported or if you somehow get it to work. It would be the perfect companion, if it worked.

Thanks and Cheers
Woiz

• Liked by
0 on 03-07-2017

Hi Woiz,

Sorry but indeed the max supported resolution is 4K 30Hz.
CSV-1560 does not have a GPU inside, so all dat needs to go over that single USB type C Gen 1 port, so I am quite sure that is a bandwidth issue. 
There are some interesting devellopments with Displaylink going on. We just started shipping 
CSV-1474 for instance. Although I do not see it on the roadmap yet i am quite sure this DisplayLink GPU can also be place into a Docking station … then you would only have to convert USB C to USB A … I think time-frame-wise, by the end of this year you will be able to get your ideal Club3D Docking Solution

• Liked by
Cancel
3 on 06-07-2017

Hi there, I have a MacBook Pro (Retina,15-inch, Late 2013) and I want to use the USB 3.0 + Dual Mini DisplayPort Docking Station to drive two Dell 2407WFP monitors.

The USB ports are working perfectly, however even though the resolution of the Dells is set to 1600 x 1000 @ 60 Hertz, I get the following message displayed on the monitors:

Out of range of signal.

Cannot display this video mode,

change computer display input to 1920×1200 @ 60Hz

Any ideas? I would really like to get this working and not have to return the docking station to the store.

thank you!

Matt

on 07-07-2017

Good day StrongMad,

Our CSV-3203 is basically a USB3.0 Docking with an 2 port MST Hub (like CSV-5200) inside. Because your MAC does not support MST Feature (it cannot send different video signals from a single DP ouput), you will not be able to make full use of capabilities of this docking station. 
If it is your intesion to have the screens run in mirror mode, then it should be possible.
One question though … are the 2407WFP screens not 1920 x 1200 60Hz screens ?
I mean you say you wnat to run them in 1600 x 1000 @ 60Hz, but can they screen do that ?

on 07-07-2017

Thank you for your help. I saw on the box that the resolution for both screens would be 1600… so that’s what I thought I needed to change to. Oh well, I’ll be returning the unit for a refund. Thanks anyway.

on 10-07-2017

That 2 x 1600p would be max supported resolution, becuase a single DP output does not have more bandwidth …

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel