8 projectors using 2x MST Hub x4

Updated on 16-09-2015 in MST Hub
9 on 29-07-2015

Hello, i’m running a setup with 8 projectors attached to my PC using 2 x MST Hub x4. As a basic config i run i7, 16 gb ram, 2x  r9 290 not running crossfire, Win 7 Pro, latest ver. of catalyst cc.
I attached one of the x4 to the 1st graphic card using display port and using 4 x DP to VGA adapters i attached 4 of the projectors. After a real struggle and lots of reset button fights i managed to make my first config. 1 display using DVI connection and 1 mst x4 to the projectors using the adapters, so a 5 display setup until now.

Repeat the process for the second MST x4  and we finally get a 9 output setup: 1 main display on DVI, 1 MST on DP on the 1st graphic card and 1 MST on DP on the 2nd graphic card.

Problem is that when i turn on the computer, it takes like 20-30 seconds more for windows to boot, if i dismiss the MST’s it boots normal.
After boot i have to reset each MST to have my setup in place again.
Sometimes after boot one of the MST “activates” and i have to reset the other one to have my setup in place.
Sometimes after boot i reset both MST and i have to press DETECT in windows to make my setup in place.
After all this simple, but annoying steps, all good, but not tested in time, how will it perform in months.
Is there any way i can make them work on boot and not reset them each and every time?

Can it be because of catalyst? or maybe windows?

Thanks.

• Liked by
0 on 30-07-2015

Hi Mariusblk, sounds like a pretty impressive setup you have! Please contact us directly at [email protected] and provide us with your phone number so we can try to help you further. Thanks! 

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 11-09-2015

Hello again, it’s been almost 2 months since i posted this, 5 emails to [email protected] and no answer. NO ANSWER! Not even to my email address. But wait you were supposed to call me, or that’s standard support answer? Now my account doesn’t work, i had to make a new one “mariusblk2”. The problem is there, and i can’t resolve it, every time i power my rig it’s always the same problem.

So please at least answer via email.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 11-09-2015

Now it’s working, don’t know how to delete the previous account just created. Reset password email arrived in ~10 mins.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 14-09-2015

Hi Mariusblk,

You want me to delete an account for you ?

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 15-09-2015

Yes please, if you can do that. I mean mariusblk2. Also reply to my issue regarding the MST’s and why do i have to reset them each and every time i restart.

Also, a really nice feature would be to add a small led that indicates if they are running or not. Maybe red for problems, green for good condition.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 16-09-2015

Hi Mariusblk,

Please try and add a preset in the Catalyst (second from the top on the left when you open the Catalyst Control Center). When it loads/starts up the software, the system should then go to that preset setting.
I will forward your feedback to our product manager for the Led Indicators.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 16-09-2015

your mariusblk2 account has been deleted

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 16-09-2015

Catalyst now manages the graphic adapters and settings. For now all works as it should. Thanks for the fast reply.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 16-09-2015

very welcome

• Liked by
Cancel