CAC 1010 and Dell 30″ no signal

Updated on 02-01-2020 in Adapters and Cables
5 on 27-12-2019

Hi,

I just got the CAC 1010 display port to dual link dvi active adapter to connect a vega 56 to my dell 30 ” display but I’m getting no output at all, nothing happens when I click detect displays either when I have a hdmi device attached as well. I also tried this with an nvidia 2080 and nothing. The monitor is a dual link dvi-d 2560×1440 @ 60hz, the website says the adapter is dvi-d and supports this mode, the box for the adapter says cac 1010 but actually says it’s DVI-I not DVI-D like the website says… what’s going on?

Thanks,

• Liked by
0 on 30-12-2019

Hello Anolorat,

this device the CAC-1010 is indeed a DVI-D link there might be a miss print on the packaging (good to know and thanks u).

I need to ask are you using the CAC-1010 with the usb power, without use of that it will lack power on output.

what kind of dell 30″inch screen do you have. 

Quote “nothing happens when I click detect displays either when I have a hdmi device attached as well” what do you mean with this phrase ? are you using the HDMI in combination with the CAC-1010 ?

Please also be sure that you run the latest AMD and Windows drivers.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 30-12-2019

Hi, yes of course I attached the usb plug to a free port when attempting on both machines.

The screen I have is the Dell ultrasharp 3007WFP

I tried booting the machine up with only the CAC 1010 and dell attached, was the first thing I tried, I then tried dual screen with the other device attached via hdmi, I know the dvi cable is good as well because I had my previous gfx card attached to the monitor through this.

Thanks,

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 30-12-2019

Also, I stated in the original post that the display resolution was 2560×1440, it isn’t it’s 2560×1600, and should be at 60hz, I’ve just noticed the back of the box says the cac-1010 does that resolution at 50hz, could this be the issue?

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 02-01-2020

Hello,

This is likely to be the issue however to test it i would start by stetting the monitor to 30hz and gradually scale it up to 50hz

on 02-01-2020

The monitor doesn’t have any settings, and the computer doesn’t detect it at all, I will return the adapter as there is nothing further to be done here. Thanks for your help.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel