CAC-1010 problems – black screen on computer start

Updated on 20-12-2023 in Adapters and Cables
2 on 19-12-2023

Hi,

I recently bought a new GPU (Radeon RX 6700 XT) and thus required a DP to dual link DVI adapter to connect to my BenQ XL2411 to retain availability of 144hz refresh rates (the HDMI port on the BenQ XL2411 only supports 60Hz). Thus I bought the CAC-1010, which is working fine in most cases.
I however often have an issue where the Adapter seems to not work properly following a cold start of the PC. In 30-40% of such cases the display will just stay black and briefly complain about “no input signal”. In most cases this gets “fixed” by hard power off (hold power button for 4 seconds) and immediate restart of the PC, which in 95% of such cases sees the GPU + Adapter + display combination work fine afterwards.
One time I had to force reboot my PC several times to get the Adapter to work.

Is there anything to be done to increase success rate of signal being delivered to the display via the CAC-1010?

Is there any firmware update potentially addressing such issues?

Am I using the correct version of the Adapter (I know there’s at least two variants for HDCP on or off).

I have a variant delivered which states CAC-1010 but “DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI-I”, which according to Club3d web page doesn’t exist as it should be “DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI-D”.
Bought the adapter via Amazon and it seems to be a legit version and not a fake product.

Help appreciated to get rid of display problems upon computer start. Otherwise the Adapter is working great and as expected (can flawlessly handle 144Hz at 1080p).

• Liked by
0 on 19-12-2023

Please contact [email protected] you may require an updated firmware version turning your CAC-1010 into the CAC-1010A. Where HDCP is turned off.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 20-12-2023

Where does it state DVI-I?

The female DVI connector on the CAC-1010 is able to connect a Dual Link DVI-I cable (which means it can connect any DVI cable) but the signal is only Dual Link DVI-D because the CAC-1010 has no digital to analog conversion for VGA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

• Liked by
Cancel