CAC 1010 – some Problems

Updated on 18-04-2024 in Adapters and Cables
3 on 07-11-2023

Hi. I have a Benq xl 2411z (with no displayport) and for my new GPU (RX 6750 XT) I needed an Adapter. First, I had the Issue that my Screen was black for some time on every Windows Start, and also on every Game start when the Game was in Fullscreen. Only a bit annoying, not too worse. I got this one fixed by plugging the Adapter into a USB 2.0 Port instead of 3.0. The Remaining Problem is, I get PC Crashes after Booting. BSOD code sometimes “IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL”, but not everytime. Monitor becomes dark after crash, and I have to shutdown and reboot. Happens pretty random. No clues to find in event manager, it only sais the usual 0x0000000a error Code. I tried to fix it by reinstalling the AMD and Chipset Driver, Windows Update and the usual DSM and SFC Scans. One thing I noticed is, since I use the Adapter my Device Manager does show white Question Marks at the Bottom Section where my USB Devices and the USB Devices Category is named to “Unknown” instead. https://ibb.co/rtZvyxN I don’t know if that is what causes the whole Problem, but I also cannot fix it without reinstalling Windows.

• Liked by
1 on 09-11-2023

The IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL has nothing to do with the adapter. That error mostly comes up when something is wrong with a device driver, your device’s memory, or antivirus software on your device.

I’d suggest to check 1 stick of RAM (assuming you have 2) inserted in the motherboard.

DDU the AMD drivers and reinstall them clean. As you said you have a new GPU, it’s wise to re-install drivers clean.

on 10-11-2023

Hey. Thanks for your Advices. Drivers are clean installed already, because it was my first AMD GPU. I had Nvidia before. Ram is good, too.

I thought it’s some Device Error in the Registry, or maybe on the Mainboard itself on the USB Ports, because the Problem only occurs when I use the Adapter. I tested my System with a HDMI Connection to the Monitor, the only Problem is that the Monitor only has HDMI 1.0 which is stuck at 60hz.

I also tried another clean Driver Install with Minimal Driver and another Hint from a Friend was to Disable ULSP in MSI Afterburner, and to try with the GPU Scaling Options in the AMD Driver, but nothing helped so far.

I think it is time for a new Monitor than, Christmas is near anyway^^

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 18-04-2024

I have the same monitor Benq XL2411z and same DP to DVI-D device CAC-1010 and have the same issue sometimes during gameplay the display goes dark an after 2-3 secs it comes back up when running games at 144 Hz. My GPU is a RTX 3060.

• Liked by
Cancel