CAC-1085 line of noise, need firmware update please!

4 on 30-04-2021

I was waiting for the CAC-1085 for a while and the day it was first available for sale on Amazon I got it. It worked well enough for a while and then Nvidia did an update and it became incompatible. So I rolled back the driver. Now it has a constant artifact line on the display that only shows when in 100 or 120hz modes, not in 60hz. I updated my drivers and it works again with the latest drivers. I don’t know if this device needs a firmware update since it is one of the first and if that will help both the issues. I still have the black screen needing to unplug issue every time it changes resolution or goes fullscreen.

• Liked by
  • guyoninternet
0 on 30-04-2021

I’m waiting as well. I searched this entire forum and not on person or rep has posted a link to it and it is not any where on the product page. 

Support never emailed me back either.

I don’t understand why it’s not under the downloads version. Theres no way to even see which firmware version you have or interact with the adapter at all

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 30-04-2021

Hi Jakalol,

The adapter is working as it should be. Perhaps you have indeed an old firmware version. Nvidia did disable the use of the adapter on their GPU’. But has been fixed with the last drivers (like 3 drivers ago?).

That you have the unplug the adapter does sound like you have older firmware.

Could you please contact [email protected] with your question?

on 16-05-2021

I have updated adapter firmware successfully to 1.5 and nVidia driver to latest, 466.27. I have the vertical line of noise at 120Hz and any resolution that does not occur at 120Hz if I go straight from HDMI. Photo is here: https://ibb.co/pR16Z1y

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 05-05-2021

In macOS, the AGDCDiagnose command can probably get the Firmware version of the adapter. Mine has FW version 0.0 which I guess is kind of useless if they didn’t bother setting a firmware version in the firmware update also? (but I haven’t seen the FW update so I don’t know if they changed the firmware version)

• Liked by
Cancel