CAC-1508 “Display connection might be limited”

Updated on 29-10-2018 in USB Type C
7 on 13-10-2018

My display is not detected and I keep getting an error message “Display connection might be limited”, is there any solution to this problem? I’m running windows 10

• Liked by
6 on 15-10-2018

Hello BrendanOG,

Sorry to hear this.

What system do you have?

What Graphics Card or Integrated Graphics is inside?

What Screens do you have (Brand/Type) and how are they connected?

Thanks

on 21-10-2018

Hi,

I’m using a HP pavilion 15-cw0509sa running windows 10

It’s amd radeon vega 8 graphics 

The screens are both Dell E2010H

Thanks,

Brendan

on 22-10-2018

Hello BrendanOG,

To be able to send a Video Signal over a USB C port the notebook needs to have support for DisplayPort Alternate Mode. Did you check if DP Alt Mode is supported by the HP pavilion 15-cw0509sa … (I coud not find it oinline)

Also you said you have 2 screens, how do you connect the other ?

on 22-10-2018

Hi,

If you click on the link to the specifications and scroll down to the external connections section you will see that the system supports Display Port 1.2, although I don’t know if this means that it is DP Alt Mode compatible. The other screen is connected via HDMI.

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/document/c06060773

Brendan

on 22-10-2018

ok cool.

Does the system recognize the CAC-1508 when you connect it to the USB C port, like other USB devices ?

on 24-10-2018

The computer recognises the CAC-1508 but I get the error message  “Display connection might be limited”

on 29-10-2018

Hi BrendanOG,

That is very odd. We do not get such error here on any of the screens we tested. We will forward the issue to our tech-team adn get back to you asap.

Could you please send us your DX DIAG?

You can just type “DXDIAG” in the search function of windows and the Direct X Diagnostics will open and run, please safe the info and send it over.

Thanks

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel