Club 3D CAC-1010 DisplayPort to DVI Dual-Link DVI-D Active Adapter Blinking

Updated on 12-05-2021 in Adapters and Cables
9 on 07-05-2021

I have a Club 3D CAC-1010 DisplayPort to DVI Dual-Link DVI-D Active Adapter, connected to a Dome E4c monitor. Everything works, except that about every 2 seconds the display “blinks” for a fraction of a second, and the mouse cursor hangs during that fraction of a second, no matter which monitor it is on.

It happens at all resolutions. I am unable to try a new cable, as the DVI cable for this monitor is hard wired to the monitor. I have 2 of these monitors, and it exhibits the same issue on both. 

Obviously it’s unusable the way it is, but I would really like to use this device as it works fine otherwise. 

If this is an HDCP issue, I wish your information would be more clear regarding HDCP. I read it several times, and it does state that the HDCP ON model should be ordered, unless you have a certain Apple monitor. Either way, if we can’t get this resolved, I will need to return this item.

• Liked by
0 on 07-05-2021

After reading some other messages that discuss “flicker” I would say that this would be a better word to describe the issue. Also, my graphics card is an ATI RX580 GTS, the PC is an HP Z800. Computing power / GPU are obviously not an issue. 

• Liked by
Cancel
5 on 07-05-2021

Hi Dmilies,

Please send an email to [email protected] and request a firmware change where it changes the HDCP.

The info is right on the site regarding HDCP is correct. It does not state that you should order a HDCP ON unless you have a certain Apple monitor. It says: some displays do not support HDCP for this reason you should order the HDCP OFF for example the Apple Cinema Display.

🙂

Some displays don’t have the option to support HDCP, so normally they would be excluded from being choosen in a this situation. For this reason Club 3D has the HDCP OFF version to support for example the Apple Cinema Display.

on 07-05-2021

I did send an email to support, thanks. I was using the information on Amazon, which is different from what you posted. Why can’t you just say if your monitor does not support HDCP, please order HDCP off? That would have avoided all this nonsense! There is no need to even mention any particular monitor, it just adds confusion. This is very unclear, and if you would make a simple edit, it would save others from going through this. Also, the misspelling of monitors is a nice touch, please leave that in.

From Amazon:

• ATTENTION: for certain Apple Cinema Montiors without HDCP support, product item code CAC-1010-A HDCP OFF need to be ordered. This adapter does not transmit HDCP signals and works with older Apple Cinema Monitors.
on 07-05-2021

I will leave a review on Amazon to clear this up for others who may have been mislead as I was. As it stands now, if the firmware resolves this issue, I have no problem leaving 5 stars, the product seems amazing. I will also be commenting on how long it takes support to reply. 

on 07-05-2021

Yeah that doesn’t read very well. The Apple Cinema is in there as that is the most commony used display without HDCP. Your screen I’ve never seen before! Maybe because I don’t look at X-rays much ha.

on 07-05-2021

I do appreciate your willingness to help. Yes these Domes are unique to be sure. When they first came out, color panels this big with 4 Megapixels were unheard of. They were very expensive, and very picky about which video card the were connected to. Since then, the video cards have caught up, and just about any mid level card off the shelf will work now. I’m not even sure what technology they use, but I can tell you the display is far better than any IPS panel I’ve ever seen at any price.

I’m not ruling out the possibility that these monitors just won’t work with adapters of any sort, but I’d like to at least try flashing the firmware to make sure.

Do you know how long it typically takes for support to reply? Thanks again for your quick replies. You’ve been most helpful. 

on 12-05-2021

Hi Dmiles,

(not a fast reply sorry ;))

Thank you for the comments.

I don;t know how long it would take for the support to reply. Should be a day or 2. Have you checked your spam? (sorry for asking the obvious)

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 08-05-2021

Nothing so far from support. Disappointing, seems like a fine product.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 08-05-2021

Review submitted to Amazon to hopefully clear up the confusion in the description. Looks like I’ll be returning mine, which is a shame since it could likely be resolved with a simple firmware update, but I’m under time constraints, so I need to move on to other options.

• Liked by
Cancel