Club 3D CAC-1510 USB3.2 Gen1 Type-C to Dual Link DVI-D HDCP ON not working

Updated on 16-01-2023 in Adapters and Cables
6 on 14-01-2023

I bought this adapter a couple of days ago to use it on my laptop, but when I plugged it in, I got “no signal” on my monitor. On device manager, it’s labeled as “USB-C Dongle”. 
Am I missing a driver or something or is the adapter broken? 
I’ve tested it with two different laptops now, but got nothing. 
I’ve sent an email to support but haven’t heard of them.

Laptop: Asus tuf gaming f15 2021 
Monitor: gn246hl

• Liked by
  • Cinerbi
2 on 15-01-2023

Are you sure the USB-C port that you connected the adapter to supports DisplayPort Alt Mode? In other words have you tested any other display with the USB-C port?

on 15-01-2023

I’m not really sure, on the product page, it does state that the laptop has 
“1x Thunderbolt™ 4 support DisplayPort™
1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C support DisplayPort™” 

Also, yes i’ve tried 3 other displays with the usb c port

on 15-01-2023

note: they’re not two separate usb-c ports, they’re combined ports, so It should be able to support alt mode. 

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 15-01-2023

Ok, a Thunderbolt 4 port should definitely support DisplayPort Alt Mode, otherwise Intel wouldn’t let them use the Thunderbolt 4 name.

I’m not sure what could be the problem. Are drivers up to date?

The Device Manager shows USB-C Dongle but doesn’t show a display is connected?

Can you test the adapter with any other computer?

Can you test the adapter with a Thunderbolt 3 dock?

You could try asking [email protected] for a firmware update for the adapter. If there’s no update, you could try the HDCP-OFF firmware.

on 15-01-2023

Drivers are up to date. 
Nope, only shows “usb-c dongle” and nothing else. 
I did test it on my old pc, and it doesn’t work on it, the only real difference is that on my old pc, it does give me an error about “Display Connection Might be Limited”, but on my laptop, it doesn’t say anything. 
I don’t have a thunderbolt 3 dock on me at the moment, nor am I gonna buy one soon (Due to me being on a budget). 
Also I resent them a message, hopefully they’ll answer. But the weird thing about club 3d drivers is, why can’t they be downloaded regularly?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 16-01-2023

I don’t know why they don’t have a download section for firmware updates. The firmware update tools come from the manufacturer of the chip – usually Synaptics. Synaptics has some tools in the Windows App Store but those don’t include the firmware updates.

• Liked by
Cancel