CSV-1560 not working with USB 3.0 Hub

Updated on 16-10-2019 in Docking Station
5 on 24-09-2019

I purchased the CSV-1560 and want to use it for a laptop. The dock is connected to power, HDMI and USB 3.0 cable that goes to a hub for all my devices. When connecting the laptop in this configuration via USB C charging and HDMI work, however, no USB devices conencted to the hub is recognized on the laptop. If the cable going to the dock is directly connected to the laptop, it works. What is the problem with the dock?

• Liked by
1 on 01-10-2019

Hi Mosquito,

what type of HUB are you using? could you present us with a sketch of what you are trying to achieve? 

its good to hear to know that the dock itself works. it is mostly utilized as Dock>hub>devices.

looking forward to your response.

on 01-10-2019

Hi Clubbie

Thanks for your answer. I have a three machine set-up with two desktops and one laptop.

I use an Aten USB 3.0 Sharing Switch to split the USB Cable among the three machines. Connected to this Switch is an 8-Port USB Hub with external power supply.

Video Signals are sent through dedicated cables to the screen.

What I am trying to achieve is to have just the USB C Cable from your dock going to the laptop, i.e. the USB 3.0 cable from the switch and the video cable for the laptop would be connected to your dock. This does not work as the USB 3.0 devices are not recognised by the laptop when connecting through the dock. Connecting the USB 3 cable directly to the laptop works however. So I suspect that something with the dock is wrong. Please advise

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 10-10-2019

Hi Mosquito, 

Have you tested the USB-ports with a normal usb-stick or harddrive. I am trying to find out  if it is the HUB or the USB ports in general. 

on 15-10-2019

Hi Clubbie

Thanks for the response. The issue is now resolved, it was a problem with one of the USB devices attached tot he Hub.

Kind regards

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 16-10-2019

Hi mosquito,

that  is good news glad it has been resolved. 

Best regards

• Liked by
Cancel