CSV-1562 problems

Updated on 21-07-2023 in Docking Station
9 on 24-01-2022

Hi,

I bought the docking station and while it’s great I have some problems with it.

I have a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro laptop with a 3060RTX GPU. I am using two external LG 27GL850-B monitors connected via HDMI to the docking station.

The docking station also has connected to it: a mouse, a keyboard, my Hyper X Cloud 2 Wireless dongle and an ethernet cable.

The problem is that the station loses connection or stops working or whatever from time to time. Like all the screens go black, I hear the windows disconnect and reconnect sound and then the screens turn back on again. I also lose my internet connection via cable at that time

It happens while playing a game or also just random when surfing the internet. I also noticed that my headphones dongle stops working from time to time for a couple of seconds.

The monitors are running in the native resolution. I also notice that when I play a game in the native resolution and try to watch youtube, the video stutters and the game lags.

So my question is, is this normal? Or do I have a faulty station and should get it fixed/replaced?

Thank for all the help and answers.

• Liked by
1 on 24-01-2022

The CSV-1562 uses the DisplayLink chipset. Meaning your RTX3060 is not used. Also DisplayLink does not like OpenGL or DirectX, other words it does not like to render 3D images. odd tho it also happens during surfing the web.

Have you tried connecting it with DisplayPort cables?

As far as I understand your Legion has 2 x USB-C +Alt mode, correct? Might be better to use 2 adapters directly into your Legion:

https://www.club-3d.com/en/detail/2487/usb_type_c_to_displayport_1.4_8k60hz_hbr3_active_adapter/

Or 2 cables:

https://www.club-3d.com/en/detail/2470/usb_type_c_cable_to_dp_1.4_8k60hz_m-m_1.8m-5.9ft/

on 24-01-2022

Hi,

thanks for the answer. I thought so that the problem would be the docking station :/. No I haven’t tried the DP cables. Do you think that would work better?

Also if I connect them directly to my laptop, then I really don’t have a use for the docking station :(.

Do you perhaps now if there is another 3d Club docking station that would work better with playing games and stuff?

Thanks

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 24-01-2022

As far as I know the LG 27GL850-B (I have the same screen *high five*) comes with DP cables, try them :).

I think your Legion is well equipped with quite some ports, what do you really need extra? Maybe you should look for a different solution.

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 24-01-2022

Yeah I have gotten them with the monitors, so I could try that, I guess.

Well the ports aren’t the problem :). But I am moving the laptop daily so that’s why I need a docking station, so that I don’t need to unplug so many different cables from my laptop.

Like I said the station is good for the day to day work (even though this can chug up from time to time), but I guess for my needs it just doesn’t really work as I would want it to.

But at least I know the station is not faulty, it’s just that it doesn’t work for me :D.

on 24-01-2022
Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on 24-01-2022

Hmm that splitter option sounds interesting. Too bad that I don’t know what do to with this docking station then :/.

I could probably buy the splitter and use the current docking for something else till I get a better option for another docking station.

Now my other question is (and sorry to be so annoying). I do have 2 USB-C ports on my laptop. One is “normal” and the other is a USB-PD one. Would it be wrong to connect the docking station on the USB-PD port?

Thanks 😀

on 24-01-2022

Should not be a problem. If there is no requirement for Power Delivery (PD) it will not give power.

on 24-01-2022

Thanks. Yeah, I don’t have anything that would need extra power.

Well I guess then really I should look into a splitter and use this current docking station only for the other ports.

After that I will see if I find myself a different docking station or just run it like that. Considering that the docking station then could also be connected to a normal USB-A connection and the splitter just on a USB-C port.

I am probably making a much bigger problem out of that than it really is though. It just just sucks that the docking station ain’t working for me like I wanted it to work.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel