CSV-1568 not connecting to Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen1

Updated on 22-06-2023 in Docking Station
16 on 06-07-2022

Hello,

im trying to connect a docking station Club 3D CSV-1568 to a Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen1. First time I connected the devices, the computer made the ding sound and showed it connected to a multimedia device (not completely sure about the device type). That was all the communication it gave. The docking station doesn’t charge the laptop or give any other output sources apart from the white light showing it’s on and the yellow light showing the ethernet cable is connected.

I have the exact same hardware on another setup, and it worked flawlessly for a month. No connections problems, no downloading drivers just plug and play. I tied switching the docks around and it not only failed to connect, when I plugged the working dock and computer together, it didn’t connect those two either.

So now I have two docks that won’t connect to two laptops.

• Liked by
0 on 06-07-2022

Did you connect the USB-C to the correct port on the dock?

If yes, disconnect the dock, uninstall your USB drivers from the Laptop, reboot the device, let Windows reinstall the USB drivers, reconnect the dock.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 06-07-2022

Hello

I connected it to the right port. As I said, the first hardware combo worked for a month without problems.

What USB device name should i be looking for?  

• Liked by
Cancel
11 on 07-07-2022

I tried deleting all the USB devices (even the hidden ones) and rebooting, but the problem still persists.

on 07-07-2022

Nothing works? No outputs on any ports? No USB works or network?

Could you try swap the power supply, use the Levono UBS-C charger into the USB-C PD port on the dock. And take off the DC adapter.

Have you tried connecting other devices to the USB-C ports of the Lenovo? To test those ports still function?

on 07-07-2022

Also could you upload a picture of your device manager? Does it look like this?

Could you confirm that on the power brick the yellow light works? And the ethernet port is blinking when connected?

on 07-07-2022

The red/orange light is shining, the yellow is flashing even if i disconect the USB C cable from the computer.

I plugged in a different Lenovo laptop (ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9) and it works perfectly. Even if i unplug and plug it back (like the others)

on 07-07-2022

And how does the device manager look on the X1?

on 07-07-2022
on 07-07-2022

This is the X1 device manager. I circled the present device that is not present on the others and I suspect is the culprit.

on 07-07-2022

The Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub is missing on your L15. Have a read trough the link I posted and try updating the BIOS.

on 07-07-2022

Updated the BIOS, no success. Do you have any other drivers avalible for the dock?

on 07-07-2022

What BIOS Version are you running now? Did you update via the Lenovo Vantage program?

Is Windows completely updated?

Did you try any other device on the USB-C ports on the L15?

There are no drivers as it does not use DisplayLink. The dock uses the USB-C Alt mode from your laptop.

As the Dock works on the X1 and not on the L15s, I would say to ask Lenovo support, maybe they know this issue.

on 07-07-2022

I will investigate with Lenovo and see what they have to say.

Thanks for now

on 07-07-2022

Keep me posted, meanwhile maybe you can check the USB power settings in Windows?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 12-07-2022

In Device Manager, change the view to “By Connection” so that the Ethernet and audio will appear has USB devices connected to a USB hub.

The specs at:
 https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/datasheet/ThinkPad_L15_Gen_1_Intel_datasheet_EN.pdf

says:

“USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 (power delivery and DisplayPort), 1x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 (power delivery and DisplayPort”.

I would try connecting to the USB-C 3.2. Gen 2 port. First I would try connecting a display directly (using a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter or cable if necessary) without the hub to make sure the port supports DisplayPort Alt Mode.

Does your laptop have Intel UHD Graphics in processor, or optional AMD Radeon 625 2GB?

• Liked by
Cancel