CSV-1580 USB Out

Updated on 24-06-2022 in USB Type C
3 on 26-05-2022

All

I’ve got my CSV-1580 happily running 2 screens via USB C to HDMI adapters, and charging my Lenovo yoga C930which is exactly what I wanted. and I should be happily future proof for new computers/monitors. 

however, the USB port is not being recognised when I attach either an external camera or my keyboard/mouse dongle. so it does not feel like a driver issue.

does anyone know why this is happening? is it a Lenovo thing

Ta

Donald

• Liked by
0 on 14-06-2022

Is the TB3 on the Lenovo yoga C930 20Gbps or 40Gbps? What resolutions are you achieving? Have you tried with 1 display? or no displays at all? To see if the USB-A is defect or no.

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 22-06-2022

I think your laptop supports Thunderbolt 3 since it has an 8th gen Intel CPU. Does it have Alpine Ridge or Titan Ridge Thunderbolt controller? I don’t think it matters for USB functionality.

CalDigit has some advice about using Thunderbolt 4 devices with Windows PCs that support Thunderbolt https://www.caldigit.com/caldigit-thunderbolt-4-usb-4-element-hub-compatibility-and-limitations-on-windows/

#1 says to update Windows, the BIOS, and drivers.

Make sure Thunderbolt USB is enabled in BIOS.

You should see a Thunderbolt USB controller in Device Manager (view by connection). It should show a USB hub connected to it. The USB hub is used for USB functions to the downstream Thunderbolt 4 ports and the USB type A port. Did you check if USB works from a Thunderbolt 4 port of the hub?

on 24-06-2022

Thank you all, turns out Lenovo YOGA C930 does not have the thunderbird software by default and so does not autodetect.

So yes the dual HDMI functionality works straight out of the box, but no data connectivity on either USB A or USB C.

Downloaded and installed the Thunderbird software through the caldigit link, ran software, restart required, and approved up hub. Now all is working as expected.

Note it still does not appear as “Thunderbird” in the device manager just another USB device.

thanks

Donald

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel