CSV-7300 – Problem on boot

Updated on 22-10-2020 in MST Hub
2 on 13-10-2020

Hi,

For my six screen setup I updated my MST hubs to 2x CSV-7300 a few months ago. I have only one problem with them, they are not always ‘waking up’ on boot. Sometimes after the windows logo has passed and you get to the windows login my screens just stay black. I have to push on one of the reset buttons on one of the hubs to wake everything up. Once they are working, they work perfect. So it’s only on boot they sometimes have trouble…

Is this because they are usb powered and during boot when the windows logo appears the system resets all the usb connections (I always see the leds from my keyboard and mouse turn off and on again during this stage so I suppose the hubs are also turned off and on again)?

I never had this probem with the old hubs that used an external adapter for power..

• Liked by
0 on 21-10-2020

What is the GPU that you have ? and you mean wake up from Sleep? 

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 22-10-2020

I have an RX 5700XT. By wake up I mean a cold boot. During bios post etc the hubs work, in mirror mode because there is no driver, but they work. It’s as soon the windows logo appears and everything driver related gets loaded it goes wrong sometimes. So it might be amd is doing some strange things on the driver end, that is also possible… 😛

• Liked by
Cancel