Does the CAC-1070 (7.1E) adapter work from the gtx960_4GB to the Sceptre u435cv-u 4k tv?

Updated on 26-04-2016 in Adapters and Cables
4 on 25-04-2016

Does the CAC-1070 (7.1E) adapter work from the gtx960_4GB to the Sceptre u435cv-u 4k tv?

When I connect using this setup, latest NVIDIA drivers, my other 1080p
display start to flicker like my display is reclaibrating since
Windows 7 sensed a new monitor being connected; but the process
happens over and over. The displays (original 1080 plus new 4k via Displayport) never settle and I actually never get a signal to the Sceptre TV/monitor. I can easily connect the
GTX-960 to the Sceptre 4k TV via HDMI, comes right up at 4k 60hz no
problem.

• Liked by
0 on 25-04-2016

Hi Fabian, thank you for joining our forum! Can you check which firmware version your adapter has? It’s mentioned on the small white label. Judging from the issue you’re experiencing it seems there is an error in the EDID, causing the image to flicker and loop.

• Liked by
Cancel

OK, I figured it out. The GTX-960 has three DisplayPort ports and only the one on the end, closest to the HDMI port seems to work at 4k with these Active DisplayPort-to-HDMI dongles. I bought a different dongle in case the CAC-1070 was malfunctioning and it also ONLY works at 4k on this first DisplayPort port. This information IS NOWHERE that I could find on the internet after days of searching. What a waste of time!

on 26-04-2016

Thank you for sharing this info with us Fabian! In the past we used offer Nvidia cards as well but since we’re AMD only since 2013 we don’t have many recent Nvidia products around to test with. It may have to do with the first DP output supporting Dual Mode DP (DP++). We’ll definitely include this info in our Nvidia Maxwell trouble shooting info.

So you’ve got it working properly now?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel

Yes, this is all working now..

• Liked by
Cancel