No VCP features available with CAC-2505

Updated 3 days ago in Adapters and Cables
2 on 07-09-2026

Hello, I just got the CAC-2505 USB‑C® to HDMI™ 2.1 Adapter 8K60Hz adapter. It works great at the native 4K@144Hz of my monitor. Even without DSC, which is nice (Laptop only has DP Alt 1.4 mode, monitor has HDMI 2.1). Also with variable refresh rate support.

I though it was the perfect adapter. Before that I used a CableMatters USB-C to 8K HDMI® Cable (201392-BLK-3). That also did 4K@144Hz without DSC – but did not support VRR.

Now the downpart: I am unable to use VCP features with the CAC-2505 adapter. Like set the monitor’s brightness via Tools like Monitorian or NirSoft’s ControlMyMonitor.

Which is very sad – that worked before using the native HDMI port or the CableMatters USB-C connection. Is that something that a firmware update might solve in the future?

 
  • Liked by
Reply
0 on 07-09-2026

Here is the output with the CableMatters adapter cable, where VCP works:

  • Liked by
Reply
Cancel
0 3 days ago

Pulled a hamstring at footy training so I was laid up on the couch for days. Nothing to do but stare at the ceiling, so I finally opened Spinstralia Casino after seeing it mentioned online. Runs smooth even on my old tablet. For Australian players there’s proper support and AUD. The loyalty scheme gives something back as you go, which is a nice touch. Ended up spending a few hours there and forgot about the leg for a while. Solid little find.

  • Liked by
Reply
Cancel