4 x 47 LG TV with Raden HD 7870

Updated on 02-07-2015 in HD 7000 Series
6 on 05-03-2015

Hello!
I’m connecting 4 tv’s LG47lb561v using 4 active adapters minidisplayport to hdmi UNITEK Y-6301 to my Radeon HD 7870 Club3D 2GB 6xminiDP eyefinity 6 coolstream.
I’ve installed Ati drivers Omega (14.12). Windows 7 64bit.
My computer (Intel Core i5 3570K 3,4 GHz, mainboard Gigabyte GA-z77-d3H, HDD SSD 128GB, HyperX DDR3 2x4GB 1600Mhz CL10, power supply 500W).

Everything is fine until i’m switching computer off or restarting it.
Then only 3 TV screens are getting on, 4th is displaying message “no connection”.

In next week i need to connect 6 tv screens (all the same model).

Q.1 Are there any answers what can i fix to get back 4 tv screens on after restarting or turning off?

Q.2 If i buy 2 cards for instance Radeon R9 285 OC 2GB with HDMI, DVI,DVI and DP (connectors) and I will connect them with crossfire.
Can i then use only HDMI,HDMI,DVI,DVI,DVI,DVI connectors without DISPLAYPORT to connect 6 TVscreens?

WAITING FOR ANSWERS.
My resellers in Poland doesen’t know how to help me ;-/

• Liked by
5 on 05-03-2015

Hi,
Q1
In regards to the fourth display not been detected, have you tried the other remaining ports? Have you swapped the adapters to verify if the adapter is the problem?
Always make sure as well that Windows remains up to date and also make sure that your mainboard BIOS is up to date.
Q2
Yes, you can use both cards without the DP port to power 6 screens. The R7 260X and R9 285 and 290 series can power 3 displays without the need of the DP port.
Regards

on 05-03-2015

Hello!
Thank You for response.
About Q1 – What is the difference between active adapter with extra usb cable http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/mini-displayport-to-active-dual-link-dvi-i-cable.html  and minidisplayport to hdmi ACTIVE without USB cable. Is it 4 real ACTIVE adapter – http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/mini-displayport-to-hdmi-active-3d-adapter-cable.html     – because it doesn’t have any USB (in my opinion USB is giving some power and then connector is active)

Q.3 Can I use miniDP with USB to DVI + CONVERTER DVI-HDMI + HDMI CABLE for my 6 tv screens?( Ofcourse each slot from my card with set desribed above). Using my Radeon HD 7870 Card

About Q.2 Using R7 285 and 290 series
. Paul Are You 100% sure that it will works. If i choose this option i will need

DVI to HDMI converter + HDMI cable. Correct me if i’m wrong.

One more time Thank You for response.

on 06-03-2015

Q1. 
The Dual Link DVI adapter requires external power source as the DP source is not sufficient.
Yes, it is a real active adapter as it sources the power direct from the DP port.
Q3
Yes you can
Q2
AMD Eyefinity has been always linked to use the DP port. The only problem that this represents is that most users do not have DP displays and if you want to configure 3 displays, users have to use an active adapter of any source for their displays.
With the introduction of the new GCN architecture on the R7 and R9 series, AMD made this easier by using the two DVI and HDMI ports to configure 3 displays.
The only exception on the R7 and R9 series are the R7 260, 265 and R9 280 and 280X cannot support this feature as they still use the older architecture even though it has been classified as R7 and R9 Series.
AMD product advisory text on Tonga (aka R9 285) “Highlight for you in bold text”

AMD is pleased to share early information of a new performance ASIC variant, code name “Tonga”. The Tonga ASIC takes gaming to the next level, incorporating an improved and refined Graphics Core Next architecture, more advanced PowerTune power management, improved display connection flexibility, and enthusiast-level gaming performance.

In addition to the new architecture, the Tonga GPU supports the latest industry standards and is ready for Windows 8.1 with an architecture designed for DirectX 11.2, OpenGL 4.4 and OpenCL 1.2. The Tonga GPU fully supports resolution up to UltraHD (4Kx2K) over both DisplayPort and HDMI interfaces, supports up to six independent concurrent displays, and supports three of those displays to be driven from DVI/HDMI. Tonga will support Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 7.

The Tonga GPU is a PCI Express 3.0 compliant product. It supports a 16-lane PCI Express 3.0 bus interface for high-bandwidth applications. It is based on 28nm process technology, and is a RoHS compliant and Halogen Free ASIC.

Regards

on 02-07-2015

Hi Paul!
I’ve changed my adapter to ORIGINAL CLUB 3D active adapter cac-1153 and everything is fine!
All problems are gone!

Thank you for Your help!

O! And now i’ve connected 6 tv LG47″ to my Radeon HD 7870 Club3D 2GB 6xminiDP eyefinity 6 coolstream and it’s working 😉

on 02-07-2015

If you have a picture please share! We’re always interested in special configurations ?

on 02-07-2015

Sorry i can’t make any pictures and i can’t install any games :-/

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel