AMD Radeon hd 7770 with MST 1.2 screen duplicating problem

Updated on 17-02-2015 in HD 7000 Series
7 on 15-02-2015

Hi,

I think this is the right place to submit my problem.
I’m using a MST 1.2 (Club3D CSV-5200 type 1.2a) on the DP port of my my ASUS CG8270 – AMD Radeon HD 7770 1MB graphic card.
On the MST display ports, i connected one active DP to DVI adaptor and one active DP to VGA adaptor towards two identical 27″ Iliyama screens 1920×1080 (model E2773HS).
The two screens work on the same and correct resolution, but CCC and windows identify them as one and the same screen, so they are duplicated. It doesn’t recognise them as screen 1&2 and there’s nothing i’ve been able to do.
CCC catalyst does not show the “displayport diagnostics” option, as i believe it should.
No other cables are connected on the other GPU outputs (2xDVI)

What am i doing wrong here?

Thanks for your reply,

Laurent

• Liked by
2 on 16-02-2015

Hi,
Go to your desktop, right click on the mouse and select screen resolution. Click into the display which you see probably 1/2 as a single screen for both and then below select multiple displays and change the configuration into extended.

on 16-02-2015

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your quick reply.
No, both the screens identify as screen 1 (not 1/2).
I’ve been reading on the troubleshooting page of club 3D, and it is suggested that screens could be duplicated if the graphics drivers are outdated, so i’ll try to update my GPU driver.
CCC catalyst is using the most recent driver, but i will check the display drivers and let you know.

Regards,

laurent

on 16-02-2015

Hi,
Thanks for the clarification. It is odd that is sees both screens as one. That means that is running in SST mode instead of MST. The latest driver is the Omega 14.12, do you have this one installed? If you do and you are having this issue please roll back to 14.9 to see if there is any difference.
Don’t forget that the MST Hub has a scan/reset button on the back. Press it in case you are having issues.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
3 on 16-02-2015

Hi Paul,

Yes, it is odd! I’m not sure about the driver i have. Do i have to remove the previous driver to install a new one, or can i just click on “update driver” in windows display task manager?

I succesfully installed 3 monitors using the 2xDVI’s and DP ports in eyefinity mode before.
The reason i purchased the 1.2 MST is in order to run a 4th one. Since i haven’t been able to, i disconnected everything and just tried to connect 2 screens on the DP port with the MST 1.2. At that point i realized that neither the display control panel nor Catalyst identified them as two different signals.

Regards,

Laurent

on 16-02-2015

Hi Laurent,
The best way is to remove first the driver by going to your control panel, programs/uninstall a program. Go to your AMD Catalyst Install Manager and remove it. You can download the latest driver at www.amd.com
The HD 7770 has DP 1.2 spec so technically is capable of driving up to 4x 1080p displays from the DP port. Please note that some products can differ a bit from the standard discreet graphics card and the vendor can change this for specific reasons.
Regards

on 17-02-2015

Hi Paul,

I updated the driver to the latest version (14.12) through the AMD website. It did so automatically and solved the problem! I now have 4 screens operating on my GPU 3×27″ and 1×7″!

Thank you for your advice!

Laurent

on 17-02-2015

Hi Laurent,
I am glad that it resolved the problem.
Enjoy!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel