CAC-1333 output limited to 1080p

Updated 6 hours ago in Adapters and Cables
7 on 09-09-2024

Good afternoon.
I’m using a ‎CAC-1333 to connect my Google Chromecast with Google TV to an Apple Studio Display but the output is limited to 1080p. According to the description, the product should be able to output 4k 60 Hz and support HDCP 2.2.
Am I doing something wrong? Do I need other equipment?

• Liked by
1 on 09-09-2024

I think the chromecast can not output 4K.
https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/12578818?hl=en

on 09-09-2024

Apologies, I forgot that after they launched the HD version they rebranded the original one as “Chromecast with Google TV (4K)”.

So, I own a Chromecast with Google TV (4K). I can ensure you it outputs 4k because I’ve used it for years without any issues on my previous LG 4k monitor that had an HDMI input as well as an USB-C one.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on 10-09-2024

Maybe the Chromecast needs an EDID override device (like Dr HDMI 4K?) so that it thinks the display is 4K60. Or maybe a scaler is needed to convert 594 MHz HDMI timing to 529 MHz Studio Display 4K timing. Or to convert YPbPr to RGB (though I think the CAC-1333 should be able to do color conversion?).

on 10-09-2024

Hi. I thought this would be much easier. 🙁

I’ve just bought an HDFury HDF0130 on Amazon Italy, hoping it’s going to be sufficient. It should arrive in three days. I’ll report back on friday.

4 days ago

thank you very much for your help

i’ve added a dr hdmi 4k, set the colour profile to rgb 8bit sdr and now everything works

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 14 hours ago

Make sure the Chromecast is set to 4K and that you’re using a high-speed HDMI cable. If it still doesn’t work, the adapter might not be fully compatible with the Studio Display.

6 hours ago

I kind of fixed it with a dr hdmi, as suggested above, although videos flicker a lot, but that’s another story

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel