Updated on 30-11-2015 in MST Hub
9 on 09-10-2015

Current Setup:
Windows 7 , 64 bit
AMD Radeon HD 6470M
2 ea. Samsung UE590_U28E590D Monitors
1 x CSV-5200
2 x display port cables

Connected everything, downloaded driver. Only can get 1 display to work. Help please, don’t want to send back monitors or MST.

• Liked by
3 on 10-10-2015

Hi,
You are using the full bandwidth if you output to 4K (3840×2160) on a single display. In order to use the MST Hub on a single DP port you will need to lower the resolution so you have enough bandwidth to cover both screens. A DP 1.2 port has a total of 21.6 Gbps and a 4K resolution will consume almost this bandwidth.

on 12-10-2015

Hello,

Unfortunately I had already tried lowering the resolution on the monitors and it did not solve the issue. Any other solutions before I send it back?

on 13-10-2015

Paul I dont know if you’re an admin or not, if so, could you please check my post I made on this forum?
Thx in advance!

on 23-11-2015

Hi krentebol,
Unfortunately i cannot see you posting anywhere …
Please send an email to [email protected] so we can assist

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 21-11-2015

I am having the exact same problem: only one monitor is displaying.

I am curious though – when you say that you downloaded the driver, do you mean for the CSV5200? If so, where did you find that? I didn’t see it on the product page or in the driver download section of this site.

Oddly, the second monitor (which is connected via adapter: DVI -> DP) is “live” in that it has not gone to sleep; however, there is no picture at all. I cannot even get the monitor menu to come up. The monitor was functioning completely fine before I connected the CSV5200 to it.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 21-11-2015

[double-posted in error]

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 23-11-2015

Hi All,

MST Feature is supported by the OS so there’s no such thing as a driver for the CSV-5200.
Also not sure what an HD 6470 M is but i suspect it is a GPU use in a Notebook.
Normally HD 6000 series grpahics does have DP1.2 output, however sometime Notebook manufacturers limit the amount a external screens you can connect. So please check that with the Notebook vendor.
A Displayport 1.2 output has enough bandwidth to out out
1 x 3840×2160 at 60Hz (24bits)or
2 x 2560×1440 at 60Hz (24bits) or
4 x 1920×1080 at 60Hz (24bits)
 Again this could be limited by the Notebook vendor.

An MST Hub is an active device, the CSV-5200 will be powered by connecting the USB connector (please connect this to a native usb port of the system so you are sure it can actually provide power) and screens con be connecte dto the HUB with “normal” or “passive” cables.

First make sure that in Windows the screen is recognized (sometime the screens need to be “activated / enabled” manually in windows)and in correct Resolution and frequency (and color depth) before configuring Multi Monitor setups like Eyefinity.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 25-11-2015

Thank you for the reply.

In my case, the behaviour is occurring on a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10, so the DP output should not be an issue. The USB is directly connected to the dock of the SP3, so, again, that should not be an issue.

The functioning monitor is set to its native resolution of 1920×1080. The non-functioning monitor is set to its native resolution of 1680×1050.

Windows detects the non-functioning monitor with no problem. See attached. 

It’s just that no image ever shows up on the second monitor. I’m at a loss.

Here is the Display control panel with the monitor on:

And then with it off:

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 30-11-2015

no chance to “enable” that second external screen, sometimes this needs to be done manually ..

• Liked by
Cancel