2080ti RTX DP 1.4 -> HMDI 2.1 adapter? (4K/120hz/HDR/G-Sync)

4 on 19-09-2023

Hi,

I’m getting tired of not being able to utilize HDR via my 2080Ti HDMI port due to it being v2.0b.
I just have rudimentary knowledge on DSC, VRR, G-Sync, bandwidth requirements and already spend a bunch of money on cables that didnt work (probably not active cables, another concept I’m dont know enough about).

So my question is simple is there a Club3D adapter that will provide me with a stable routing from the GPU DP port to a HDMI port on my LG C2 monitor(tv) with 4k/120hz/HDR/VRR/G-Sync with quality?
If not, what is my best option and what feature will I miss. I know G-Sync doesnt add bandwidth but it is bundled in the VRR setting on the LG tv and maybe VRR add bandwidth, I dunno =]).

Thank you in advance
Jens

Relevant GPU specs:
Turing architecture
DisplayPorts (v1.4a)
HDMI-Port(Supports 4K@60Hz as specified in HDMI 2.0b)
USB Type-C
352-bit bus

• Liked by
0 on 19-09-2023

For DP -> HDMI: I’d recomment the CAC-1088 (or the older CAC-1085).

For USB-C -> HDMI use the CAC-1588 or CAC-1586 if you can find it.

These adapters will be able to support all what you require, except VRR or G-sync are not supported.

G-Sync protocols from HDMI and DP are so different there is no adapter that could handle this.

Make sure to use a certified cable to go with the adapters CAC-1372 for exmaple.

Good luck!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 19-09-2023

Thank you for a quick reply 🙂

Is there any functional difference between going DP or USB-C in terms of performance?

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 20-09-2023

The PS196 is supposed to be able to do VRR. I don’t know of an adapter that uses it yet though.
https://www.paradetech.com/products/ps196/

Maybe this one:
https://www.hoyunwholesale.com/products/cruxtec-usb-c-to-hdmi-2-1-cable-support-hdr-8k-60hz-4k-120hz

DP and USB-C will have the same performance as long as the USB-C only supports USB 2.0. If it supports USB 3 data connection then it means it will only have two lanes of DisplayPort instead of 4.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 21-09-2023

I ordered the CAC-1088 recommended and awaiting its arrival.
Spend 150 Euros already so I will try it out or suffer untill I can buy a 7800XT.
No use to spend more but hopefully the 1088 will work perfecttly for current needss.

Thank you all for your input 🙂
Thread can me marked as resolved or closed if needed by admins.

• Liked by
Cancel