CSV-1382 how to disable mouse traversal function?

Updated on 24-10-2023 in Others
5 on 18-10-2023

I recently bought a CSV-1382 KVM switch. It has a feature where the input signal is switched when the mouse cursor is moved to the edge of the display. Is there a way to disable this feature?
A work-around is connecting the mouse to one of the USB ports in the front panel. However, is it possible to disable the feature while using one of the rear-panel ports for the mouse?

• Liked by
0 on 19-10-2023

I’m not quite sure what you mean. What is switching for input? And which input? Any way you could describe it?

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 20-10-2023

Info about that mouse traversal functionality is at:
https://www.club-3d.com/en/detail/2591/hdmi_kvm_switch_for_dual_hdmi_4k_60hz/

The functionality seems to work without installing extra software to the PC. It doesn’t know where the edge of the display is. It works by assuming that if you move the mouse long enough to the right, that you want to switch the KVM to the other PC.

Maybe you can disable this mouse traversal functionality by moving the mouse to one of the USB 3.1 gen 1 ports?

on 20-10-2023

I did not know this, you learn something everyday. Thanks!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 24-10-2023

Yes, indeed, switching the mouse to one of the USB 3.1 gen ports in the front disables the mouse traversal function. However, since this is a waste of a 3.1 port, I would like to use one of the ports in the rear of the device for the mouse. Is there a way to disable the mouse traversal function while using the intended USB 2.0 port in the rear of the device?

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 24-10-2023

If the manual doesn’t describe such a method, then it probably doesn’t exist. In that case, I would contact club-3d email support directly.

As for the limited number of ports, I would consider adding a USB 3.1 hub. One nice thing about USB 1.1/2.0 devices is that they are completely separate from USB 3.x devices (different wires).

Before doing that, there’s a couple other ideas to try:

1)
What happens if you switch the mouse and keyboard in the USB 2.0 ports? The installation guide seems to indicate that there’s no difference between the mouse and keyboard port so probably there’s no change in behavior but it’s worth a try.

2)
Most USB keyboards can act as a USB hub (they have one or two downstream USB ports). What happens if you connect the mouse to the keyboard? Maybe the mouse traversal functionality will be eliminated if there’s a hub between the mouse and the USB 2.0 port of the KVM.

• Liked by
Cancel