CSV-1382

Updated on 02-10-2023 in Others
8 on 08-07-2022

I just purchased a KVM switch for my 2 PC. Unfortunately it is not working!! I have my 2 PCs connected (1 desktop and 1 laptop) when I start my switch my first PC works like a charm, when I switch to my second PC it works, but when I switch back to my first PC I have a black screen!! I need to disconnect cable from my second PC and restart the switch then my first PC works again!! Any idea?

• Liked by
0 on 08-07-2022

What is your setup?

Which display, GPU(PC) and what laptop do you use? What cables do you use?

Are all drivers up to date on both devices?

Are there any other cables going to your display other than the one coming from the KVM?

Have you tried playing with the input settings of your display?

What have you tried so far to maybe get it to work?

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 08-07-2022

Here the information

HDMI out connected to my screen (Cisco Desktop pro)
PC 1 (Desktop Gigabyte) connected with HDMI and USB-B cable
PC 2 (Lenovo Thinkpad) connected with HDMI and USB-B cable

All drivers are up-to-date

The only way to make it to work is: shutdown the switch with the button on/off and restart then my PC1 is working, but as soon as I switch I have the same phenomena..?

on 08-07-2022
Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 08-07-2022

yes

on 08-07-2022

Do you have both HDMI and USB-C Connected to the display?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 08-07-2022

yes, I have connected my USB-C to the front entry of the KVM otherwise I cannot have my cam “on”, but i just tried a setting on my CISCO screen and I reduced the resolution to 2560:1440:60 ony my hdmi entry and it seems to work now… maybe I found the solution. Neverthless now I found a new issue I have my Microsoft (without cable) mouse and Keyboard connect  via the usb on the back of the SWITCH where the scroll on my mouse is not working, but if I connect my keyboard and mouse to the front USB is working but then when I switch PCs the mouse and keyboard are not recognized… very strange

on 11-07-2022

I think the first issue with the black screen after switching is because USB-C is also a display input. It has USB-C Alt mode. The display is looking for input on that connection and fails thus a black screen. Maybe you can change the input on the screen itself? Like with the physical buttons on the display?

Try to install the drivers on both devices directly before using the KVM of the keyboard and mouse.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel