CAC-1010 with EIZO Color Edge CG303W on nVidia A4500

Updated on 22-08-2023 in Adapters and Cables
5 on 20-07-2023

I have an EIZO Color Edge CG303W display that has 2 dvi-d ports named SCREEN1 and SCREEN2 respectfully.

The SCREEN1 is dual DVI-Dand it is stated it does not support HDCP.
The SCREEN2 is single DVI-D with HDCP support.

When CAC-1010 is in the HDCP-OFF mode it creates screen blinking on both ports.
When CAC-1010 is in the HDCP-ON mode no screen blinking occurs.

Both ports are able to give me 2560×1600 resolution… But…

If I connect adapter to SCREEN1, the text is very blurry with a trail of pinkish pixels (see attachments).

if I connect adapter to SCREEN2 text has much better sharpness, but still blurry.

Question is what and where I should check/play with to get text sharpen?

It seems that the original resolution gets rescaled and upscaled in the adapter so the output to the monitor is recalculated instead being in the native 2560×1600.

• Liked by
0 on 20-07-2023

Display manuals are available here https://www.eizoglobal.com/support/db/products/manual/CG303W#tab03

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 20-07-2023

3. Characters are blurred. • Adjust using <Smoothing> (page 21). From the Manual, have you tried this?

Smooth the blurred texts of the enlarged screen.
Switch the <Smoothing> setting.
When a low-resolution image is displayed in the “Full” or “Enlarged” mode, the characters or lines of the
displayed image may be blurred.
Select the suitable level from 1 – 5 (Soft – Sharp).
Select <Smoothing> in the <Screen> menu and adjust by using the right and left switches.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 20-07-2023

Notice that the pinkish pixels only appear on the dark gray areas. There’s no pinkish pixels for the text that is drawn on the black areas. Could this be a chroma subsampling issue? The pinkish pixels only appear for vertical lines which would suggest 4:2:2 instead of 4:2:0. You want 4:4:4 or RGB.

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 28-07-2023

Hey there. Thanks fro replying.

I actually figured that out.
There is a thing called Custom Resolution Utility I checked what it shown and figured out that my pixel clock was out of spec for the connection type and resolution desired. So I simply added the native resolution of EIZO display and entered correct pixel clock speed form the manual… AN magic happened!

No every thing works perfectly fine!

So for anyone struggling with the wired things and sharpened text it’s not the OS settings, but rather the EDID that really meters. AND YES – this fellow knows about our adapters quite a bit )

• Liked by
Cancel