CAC-1080 sometimes no display, have to replug back in

Updated on 29-03-2019 in Adapters and Cables
5 on 25-03-2019

Hello,

I’m using CAC-1080 with my Acer AH-100 Windows MR HMD. I found that I would use it and everything is ok while I’m using it, but then I’ll go to bed and the next night when I come back to try and use it again, there is no display on the HMD, even though mixed reality home is open and VR apps are running.

The only way to fix it is by unplugging and plugging it back in again, and then it works fine for the night, but the next night same thing happens again. 

I usually put my computer to sleep at night – I thought it was possibly because of this, but after doing a quick experiment of putting the computer to sleep, waking it back up and testing it again, it seems this isn’t the cause

I have updated to the latest graphics card drivers
I tried the firmware update tool – it doesn’t apply for RTX 2x series cards

Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700X
Galax RTX 2080 Ex 
16GB DDR4 
X470 Taichi

• Liked by
2 on 26-03-2019

Hi Arvz,

Thank you for you question, it might has to do with the limitations of the CAC-1080. as far as I know the CAC-1080 is able to do 3d resolutions in 1080P on 2x 60hz per eye. However the bandwith is limited. This could mean it might not be strong enough to run the signal, hence the problem with starting up.

What i know is that the CAC-1056 does support VR.

would you be so kind to contact [email protected] the could provide you with a firmware upgrade if neccecary. It might solve the problem. 

Kind regards

on 26-03-2019

sorry let me revise my earlier answer, i would suggest a firmware update on the 1080. it should be able to work it is an active adapter and it should not conflict with the rtx 2080. however may i ask why you wouldnt use the HDMI 2.0B port directly on the rtx 2080, this should be a possibility.

for the firmware upgrade and/or additional informatio please contact [email protected]

kind regards

on 26-03-2019

Ah the reason I’m using the CAC-1080 with the VR headset is simply that I have another display connected to my HDMI port, so I needed the CAC-1080 to have both devices connected at the same time, otherwise I’d need to switch cables constantly. 

I don’t have any issues with using it while it’s working, I can get 90hz and everything’s working great, it’s just that I need to unplug it and plug it back in to make it work after not using it for a while. 

Will email for the firmware ugprade, thanks!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 26-03-2019

Hello Arvz,

Thanks for your response, I hope the problem will be fixed with the firmware update.

please let us know on the forum thanks.

Kind regards

on 29-03-2019

Ok a few days after doing the firmware update, and testing it every day, the problem is definitely still happening

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel