CAC-1085 adapter with input cable being extended with fiber optic cable

3 on 15-03-2022

Hello

Just a quick question to ensure not buying the wrong product. I plan my setup like this:

PC -> 20m fibre optic DisplayPort cable -> DisplayPort Female to Female Coupler -> CAC-1085 adapter -> LG TV

Question is if the adapter will be able to handle the fibre optic cable as input? The cable I plan to use is this one: https://www.alternate.at/Lindy/Fibre-Optic-Hybrid-Mini-DisplayPort-1-4-Kabel/html/product/1699754?partner=AtGeizhalsat&campaign=Audio%2FVideo/Lindy/1699754

• Liked by
0 on 15-03-2022

What is the source from the PC? (GPU)

AOC does not support power to “activate” the HDMI port via the adapter. EDID get send and your PC will recognize it, but you will not get a display.

And your setup will diffidently not work.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 15-03-2022

Source is a RTX 3080 Ti.

So what you’re saying is that the TV will be connected but not able to display anything from the PC?

The problem I am trying to solve is that I want to connect my PC to the TV through the wall. The TV only supports HDMI, but HDMI cables are too wide, to fit through the “pipe” in the wall. Is there maybe another way of achieving that while keeping the resolution at 4k@120Hz?

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 16-03-2022

Yes I’m saying that, correct :).

Assuming you want to game on it, the CAC-1085 also does not support G-sync.

What is the size of the pipe? The CAC-1379 Certified HDMI 2.1 AOC cable is “only” 0.9CM – 0.36Inch  wide.

Time to drill new holes?

To bad LG does not support Steam Link.. I have the same issue…

• Liked by
Cancel