CAC-1085 wont work at 4:4:4

Updated 4 days ago in Adapters and Cables
4 on 29-04-2021

Hello I just bought a CAC-1085 and a 6.5 ft officially certified HDMI 2.1 cable. I am using a Radeon 5700XT and a LG CX 48″ OLED.

When using the adapter the display is being connected at the same speed as the HDMI port directly on the GPU. The adapter is only doing HDMI 2.0b. I can do 120hz but it goes to 8 bit 4:2:0. This is the same exact thing I get if I just plug the hdmi right into the gpu.

How do I fix this? I tried a 10 ft officially certified cable and it didn’t work then I saw the manual says to use one under 6.6 so I bought this cable and it is also not working. Should I try a 3 foot cable? 

I know for a fact this works I have seen many people say this exact set of hardware works. I read something about using CRU(custom resolution utility) to force the tv to use 4:4:4 because it’s just an identification problem? 

Please help there is absolutely no way to buy a HDMI 2.1 graphics card, there hasn’t been even one in stock for even one minute in the last 6 months I check all the time and besides I love this gpu, and I cannot return my display which cost $1400. I only bought it because I found your adapter. 

• Liked by
0 on 29-04-2021

I see there is a firmware update that another user mentioned that fixed all his problems withh the 5700xt and this adapter but I cannot find it anywhere for download. Can someone please post it here? 

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 30-04-2021

HI Chaoskid,

Please email [email protected] with the above question, pretty sure they are happy to help. 🙂

• Liked by
Cancel
1 4 days ago

I did and they sent me the firmware but it didn’t change anything. I can do 4k 120hz 4:2:0 8 bit or 4k 60hz 4:4:4 HDR but no 4k 120hz 4:4:4. Didn’t hear back after that.

The adapter just doesn’t want to do hdmi 2.1 or maybe it’s an AMD problem but I’m only getting hdmi 2.0b bandwidth. I’m not sure what else to try.

4 days ago

What hdmi 2.1 cable do you use? And is that Cable certified to do 48GBps?

I don’t know but just speculating here, it does look like you are either using a HDMI 2.0 cable or there is something in between the GPU and TV. Are you connecting trough a soundbar and then to the TV? Have you tried connecting it to HDMI port 2. Which is eARC I believe.

Have you tried and connecting the USB power to a different port or maybe external?

Could you add a picture of the adapter? Maybe you received the CAC-1080?? Again just speculating I don’t know 🙂 just trying to help.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel