My CAC- 1170 just arrived. Very disappointed to discover it will not run at 3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz. Runs 30 Hz OK – but so does every other mini display port to HDMI adapter. Can anybody help with advice ?
Here’s my standard checklist (not all points will be applicable for you) …
* Color Depth (often default set to 16 bits or even 32 bits) need to be set to 8 bits (when running 4:4:4) or 12Bit when running in 4:2:2. I am quite sure the adapter does not support higher color depth than 12bit.
* Make sure the HDMI port your using on the TV is HDMI 2.0 capable or 3840x2160p 60HZ capable. Often TV’s have like 4 HDMI ports, but only 1 is suited for “2.0” standard.
* Make sure the HDMI cable you are using can do HDMI2.0 or 18Gbps.
* On many TV’s you need to turn on “UHD Color” manually in the settings of your TV for the HDMI port to which your pc is connected.
* Also it could help when connecting 2 screens, to set the screen connected thru the Adapter as second/secondary screen
* When choosing a custom resolution please select for Timing Standard “CVT-RB” (reduced blanking)
I do have some end-user feedback that needed to make custom resolutions with ResSwitchX for instance …
Hope it helps