cac-1332 issue

Updated on 19-10-2021 in Adapters and Cables
6 on 13-10-2021

HI sirs;

We have just recently acquire a CAC-1332 adapter. We want to connect hdmi port portables to the Jabra connection hub (technical info HERE) connected to the hub we have an hdmi smartTV. The laptops are Asus VivoBook 14 M413DA EB462. The issues is that when we connect the adapter it works well for around 3-5 min and after doesn´t work any more even if we are disconnecting it from the laptop and reconnecting again. We need to reboot the laptop in order to get the adapter working again.

How we can solve this??

Regards

• Liked by
4 on 13-10-2021

It is not recommended to use active adapters via Docking stations. Better use is directly into the Source

on 13-10-2021

In this case this is not a solution. The connection hub is part of the Jabra videconference system and we can not take out

on 13-10-2021

What is the HDMI smartTV?

Just to be sure you connect CAC-1332 to the Jabra and then run a USB-C Cable to the SmartTV? Does the USB-C support data/video?

The Asus VivoBook support USB-C Alt mode?

Gathering info we might be able to come up with a solution together.

on 13-10-2021

Hi and thanks for the reply.

The smart TV is a Samsung UHD 2020 75TU8005.

The jabra connection HUB has an embeded USB-C input where the CAC-1332 is connected.

This USB-C cable can support the following modes:

USB-C DP Alt Mode. Requires compatible USB-C DisplayPort and
Alternate Mode PC port.

From the Jabra Connection hub we run an hdmi cable to the smart TV.

HDMI resolution up to 4Kx2K@30Hz & VGA resolution up to 1920×1200@60Hz.

The Asus Vivobook has an USB-C port that only support data HDMI resolution up to 4Kx2K@30Hz & VGA resolution up to 1920×1200@60Hz.

That is why we need to use as video output the Asus Vivobook hdmi port.

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards

on 14-10-2021

The full connection is:

VIVO-> CAC-1332 -> USB-C cable -> JABRA -> HDMI 2.0 cable -> Samsung UHD 2020 75TU8005.

Correct?

The CAC-1332 is not designed to support a dockinstation but displays. It is a power issue and this is why nothing but a reboot of the system will work. You are trying to mimic a USB-C Alt mode port on the VIVO to get the JABRA to work. It will not work this way.

Why not connect a USB-A to USB-C to the JABRA. And then a direct HDMI connection to the VIVO and Samsung TV? Assuming the VIVO does have a USB-A.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 19-10-2021

I am surprised that the CAC-1332 worked for 3 minutes with a USB-C hub like the JABRA (I should check if any of my USB-C hubs have the same behavior with the CAC-1332)

The JABRA uses USB 3.0 + two lanes of DisplayPort 1.2.

The CAC-1332 provides USB 2.0 + four lanes of DisplayPort 1.2 over USB-C. I don’t think it has the ability to negotiate a USB 3.x + two lane of DisplayPort connection even though there are USB-C chipsets that can do that (see the Sunix UPD2018 for example).

USB 3.0 usually requires more power than USB 2.0. USB-C usually requires more power than USB 3.0. Does the JABRA have its own power supply? The tech sheet says it comes with a 45W power supply so maybe power is not a problem.

Maybe the JABRA decides to stop working because it can’t negotiate a USB 3.0 + two lanes of DisplayPort link?

There exists USB-C docks that support USB 2.0 and four lanes of DisplayPort. CableMatters has examples of those (choose a dock that does not support USB 3.x speed). Maybe they will work better than the JABRA with the CAC-1332?

• Liked by
Cancel