CAC-1379 AOC cable diameter and bend radius

Updated on 14-03-2024 in Adapters and Cables
7 on 02-06-2022

Hello

I want to lay this cable along the skirting board.
I know from networking cables that optical cables have a minimum bend radius.
What is it for this cable?

I would also like to know how thick it is?

Thanks for your support.

• Liked by
0 on 14-06-2022

It is AOC so it’s a glass cable I would not bend it past 90 degrees on a short length, if you are looking for that angle.

Assuming the picture above is correct, I would say the cable it self would be roughly 0.5cm thick?

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 10-02-2024

A radius is specified with a length measurement. What does “…not over 90 degrees on a short length” mean here? I have the CAC-1377 (15 meters) and would also like to install it behind a skirting board. This cable has a diameter of 4 mm. As is usual in a living room, there are of course some 90 degree corners to overcome. Does the manufacturer specify a minimum bending radius for this? This means: “Not smaller than…” in millimeters, or in a multiple of the cable diameter. If the bending radius is too small, the fiber optic cables do not break, but the attenuation increases, which means that light is lost in the tight bend and the signal quality suffers or they can even suffer microcracks if bent too much. The durability also decreases, as I was able to read in data sheets. It is very likely that the flexibility/bending capacity also depends on the material of the fibers used. Am I right in assuming that these are plastic fibers (POF)? In what minimum radius can I lay this optical cable without damaging it?
Thank you.

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 10-03-2024

There don’t really seem to be any reactions here when I look around. Neither from users nor from the manufacturer. I think that’s a great pity, because this opportunity for an exchange with buyers/users is not being exploited. Then I could also write an e-mail to the manufacturer and wait for a reply (possibly more successful).

So why this forum?

on 11-03-2024

The forum is driven by user experience. If there is not an answer on your question or remark, it’s save to assume you’ll need to contact Club 3D them selves? I’d try that [email protected]

The question you have is quite specific and users may not be able to answer this.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 11-03-2024

Oh, I thought the forum was run by the manufacturer. Then I was probably wrong… Thanks for the hint Mr. Baak!

on 14-03-2024

It’s ran by Club 3D of course :). But most input comes from users.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel