CAC 1504 not working Dell XPS 9570

Updated on 24-05-2019 in USB Type C
7 on 18-05-2019

Hey,

I can’t connect my laptop to my UHD Samsung TV using CAC1504 (Laptop supports DP Alt Mode and TV has hdmi 2.0 port)

I get an error “Display connection might be limited” and then Windows tries to identify the USB device without any success. Getting the message “USB Device not recognized, The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned” non stop.

Appreciating any help,

Thanks

• Liked by
1 on 20-05-2019

Hello adirh3,

i would start with checking if you have the lastest drivers from Dell, they brought some driver updates since march to may. find the driver link below

https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/product-support/product/xps-15-9570-laptop/drivers?lwp=rt

Also please check if you have the latest windows 10 updates.

last you could send an email to [email protected] for a firmware update

Hope this works

on 20-05-2019

Yes I have everything up to date I made sure couple of times. Same for windows 10.
I couldn’t find any drivers for cac 1504 though

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
4 on 20-05-2019

Hi adirh3

good to hear everything is up-to-date.

for the cac-1503 are no driver needed however it would be recommended that you contact [email protected] for the firmware update.

on 20-05-2019

Will the firmware update solve my issue?

on 23-05-2019

Hey,

Unfortunately the firmware update tool does not work, I get error – 

LoadDll failed!!!! hr  =  0x80040154

Can you please help me?  It seems like your software cannot find my graphics driver which is up to date and never had any problems with.

Thanks

on 24-05-2019

Hello adirh3,

Would you send that error message to support@club_3d.com

Can you also send an dxdiag from your system within that same email. You may enter the dxdiag by typing it when opening the start menu.

on 24-05-2019

Sent them, I hope they can help. I really want this device to work :/

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel