CAC-1507 substitute available in Ireland/UK for laptop to VIVE VR headset connection

Updated on 27-04-2023 in Adapters and Cables
3 on 14-03-2023

For a developer in Ireland was looking a way to have his Asus ROG Zephyrus GX701GXR.310 (having a USB-C port with DP Alternate Mode) connect to a VIVE Cosmos VR headset.

Vive suggest CAC-1507 USB 3.2 Gen1 Type C to DisplayPort 1.2 adapter as the most proven working with their headset, and in fact I have one of that working well on my business laptop (trough an USB-C Thunderbolt 3 port).

But I have purchased that adapter in 2020 and seems is not available anymore, so wanted to ask what’s the most similar substitute, available for purchase in Ireland/UK.

I don’t know if that CAC-1507 adapther has some specific specs/design elements replicated in any other Club3D USBC to DP adapter, my goal is to have the max compatibility due USBC to DP on VR is notoriously picky in having it to work.

• Liked by
0 on 15-03-2023

It has been replaced by a DisplayPort 1.4 version.

CAC-1567 It’s available at Scan UK.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/club3d-cac-1567-usb-type-c-to-displayport-14-8k60hz-hbr3-active-adapter

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 15-03-2023

Good to know for the future, in the end due I’m in a hurry I have just sent the developer my old adapter.

• Liked by
Cancel