CAC-1585 vs CAC-1085 – Give us the Low Down please !!

13 on 02-06-2020

Hi Guys,

Thanks for bringing this adapter to life, just wondering how they are going? and a rough date when i can order one?

Is it just the USB vs USB-C power that’s the difference?

Have you tested them on LG C9’s and RTX 2080’s ?

Do they both not support VRR? (not that it really matters to me v-sync would be fine)

Any problems with them so far?

Give us the low down !!

• Liked by
  • tusing
0 on 10-06-2020

Also wondering about this! There is a good amount of speculation about this on Reddit right now but no concrete information.

It looks like it supports VRR but is it planned for release any time soon?

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 11-06-2020

Hello ! End of June is the expected release date – no VRR no Gsync no Freesync on this first batch .. it might be possible to upgrade with a firmware support in the future but no guarantee there 

on 28-06-2020

Can we pre order?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 11-06-2020

CAC-1085 will be the first batch – with DP Support 1.4

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 12-06-2020

https://www.club-3d.com/en/openpdf/2496_1/pdf/specification_sheet_cac_1085_en.pdf/

Make sure that you have a compatible graphic card with DSC 1.2 before you order this 😀

Lets see who will get this first to test it. I ll order it as soon as I can ( I live near china )  And will test it on the lg C9, and sm9000.  I will test the input lag, and chroma 4.4.4.  Hopefully we can get a nice 4k 120hz 8bits at 4.4.4 chroma.  

on 16-06-2020

4K 120hz 10bits 4:4:4 chroma would be even nicer

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
5 on 18-06-2020

Is it available to order?

on 28-06-2020

It was available to order 2 days ago but already out of stock.

on 30-06-2020

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

on 30-06-2020

I saw one or two sites in Europe start listing it, but my impression was that the “out of stock” status meant they didn’t have it for sale yet. Would love to get a status update from Club 3d.

on 02-07-2020

Yes same, I’m trying to track one down to buy in Australia, but all these Euro sites don’t look like they ship internationally.

on 02-07-2020

( Got an answer from Club 3d , they told me that most of the stock will be available next week )

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 12-07-2020

My CAC-1085 arrived today. I’m currently using it with a RTX 2080Ti and a LG 55″ SM9000 Nanocell TV (the one equipped with four full bandwidth 48Gbps HDMI 2.1 sockets which also uses the Alpha 7 gen2 processor – same as the B9 OLED).

The adapter feels very much like a prototype rather than a finished product. I can get 4K 120hz + 8-bit or 10-bit Full RGB color. I can only do 4K 120hz + 12-bit with 4:2:2 chroma sampling. I prefer 4K 120hz 10-bit Full RGB. It seems to give the clearest text and most vibrant colors. There is also no ghosting or motion blurring @ 4K 120hz which is really nice.

The adapter does not support G-sync or Freesync but it does support bog standard V-sync to prevent tearing.

The one huge caveat to this adapter is that its handshake between the graphics card, adapter and TV seems to be very brittle. And what I mean by that is, whenever I switch between HDR to SDR or vice versa, the screen will go black and stay black until I pull the USB power cord out of the adapter and put it back in again to turn it back on.

The same thing happens after I close down a game when i’m finished playing it. The transition from game screen to the desktop screen once again turns the screen black until I power down the adapter and switch it back on again.

It’s really annoying to have to keep on powering it off and on but when it’s working, everything looks so good.

FYI, I’m using a 48Gbps Belkin HDMI 2.1 (2m) cable to connect.

Another thing I noticed is that in SDR mode, I only need to set the TV’s colour setting to 50. But in HDR mode, colours look very washed out until I turn the TV’s colour setting up to 80-85 so that colours pop as much as they do in SDR mode.

For those LG SM9000/B9/C9/CX users out there, in the Picture Settings, I’m using Game Mode and all 4 HDMI sockets have HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color turned on. In the Input Home Dashboard I’ve also edited the HDMI socket hooked up to the Club3D Adapter/GPU to ‘PC Input’.

• Liked by
Cancel