CAC-1904 Monitor extension stopped working

Updated on 03-11-2022 in Adapters and Cables
8 on 02-11-2022

This morning I came into work like everyday.  Sit at my Club3d docking station, fire up the laptop and notice my 2 additional monitors are not displaying.  I can connect the monitors directly to the laptop and they function.  When plugging in the monitor cables, there is no audible chime to confirm detection either.  Any suggestions.  I have tried restarting and unplugging over and over.

• Liked by
0 on 03-11-2022

The CAC-1904 is not a docking station but a power charger :). Which dock are you using?

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 03-11-2022

CSV-1564 Docking Station

on 03-11-2022

Anything else connected to the dock like mouse keyboard? Do they work?

Check your USB power settings in Windows.

When USBs are not connecting or are disconnecting, most of the times its from the Source/Laptop or PC USB configuration settings

I suggest to go to Device Manager and under USB – you could try disabling the USB Power Management Setting

Also I suggest to Uninstall/ or disable USB Devices that are not longer used.

Note that USB devices will always be installed when needed but they need to be manually uninstalled or disable to avoid conflicts.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
4 on 03-11-2022

Yes, there is a mouse, keyboard, 3.5 mm audio cable, and ethernet connected and working, both displayport and hdmi are not functioning.  The power settings were already disabled. I can take a spare docking station, connect everything like normal and it still doesnt function.  This leaves be to believe it has to do with drivers / settings that might have been affected by a windows update or something.  Is there a way to “uninstall” drivers and try alternatives?

on 03-11-2022

What laptop are you using? As I have a suspicion it does not support USB-C Alt mode.

Do you use a different laptop than before it was working?

on 03-11-2022

HP ProBook 650 G8 

on 03-11-2022

Same laptop, we purchased 30 identical docking stations and 30 identical laptops.  We have deployed 5 docking stations and laptops, they all are still functioning besides mine.  I will try a few things and get back with you.

on 03-11-2022

Please update the Bios of the Probook. That will most likely fix it.

All Windows drivers up to date?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel