Club 3-D CAC-1130: Apple Cinema HD 30″ to 2016 Macbook Pro connection problem

Updated on 04-08-2022 in Adapters and Cables
5 on 29-01-2022

I picked up the mini-display port to dual link DVI adapter to connect my 30″ Apple Cinema HD to my 2016 MacBook Pro retina. They connect no problem and the display turns on and looks fine. But only for a few seconds. Then it goes black and stays black. The only solution is to disconnect and reconnect. The display turns on again for a few seconds before going back to black. Lather, rinse, repeat. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks for the help

• Liked by
0 on 31-01-2022

Check with [email protected]

Might be a firmware issue on the adapter.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 27-07-2022

Hi Billy, I have the same issue. 30″ cinema display with a circa 2019 macbook pro. Turns on for a few seconds then turns off. How did you go with resolving the issue?

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 27-07-2022

In looking through the adapter, it seems there are 2 versions. HDCP on and HDCP off. This could be it!

on 04-08-2022

You’ll need the “OFF” version. If you got the “ON” version contact [email protected] for a firmware update.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 27-07-2022

Hi Kuno. When I posted this, I wasn’t aware of the HDCP issue. When I contacted the company, they offered to provide the version that works. I got it in the mail a few days later and its been working like a charm ever since. It was fantastic customer service. Good luck.

• Liked by
Cancel