Club 3D CAC-1010 DisplayPort to DVI Dual-Link DVI-D Active Adapter – HDCP content issue

Updated on 13-01-2023 in Adapters and Cables
3 on 09-01-2023

I just purchased the above Displayport to DVI active adapter to use with my Korean Qnix 2710 1440p monitor, which has only a single DVI input. It works with most content, but anything with HDCP — such as Amazon Prime videos, Youtube “Free With Ads” movies, or even Spotify audio — causes the picture on the Qnix to go fuzzy, even when I am playing it on my second monitor, which is an LG 32GQ850-B.

The adapter is indicated as “HDCP Supported”, so I am not sure what is going on. I am using it with an EVGA 980 Ti, which has a DVI port that works fine with the QNIX, but later cards do not have a DVI port, and I wanted to find a working adapter before I upgrade. I have connected the USB cable directly to the motherboard (Asrock X370 Taichi), and since the adapter works with regular content, I don’t see how that could be the issue.

I have emailed support with the above symptoms, but maybe they are away for the New Year’s holiday.

I saw a similar post from someone with my monitor, but the solution was not posted, just that support helped them resolve it.

Here is the normal image followed by one with HDCP content playing on my 2nd monitor:

• Liked by
0 on 09-01-2023

I think you’ll need a firmware update from support. Assuming they are on holidays last week they might get back to you this week.

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 13-01-2023

TL;DR – FIXED

I got a reply from support the next day – “For this display is best to use the HDCP off version. You can update the firmware on the adapter to Disable HDCP support – but this can only be done on a Windows based system “.

They sent me a link for the firmware updater and the HDCP OFF version (they also included the ON version) of the firmware, I applied it and problem solved. I tested it with the same sources as previously. The instructions said, “After the program update is completed, the power is removed and re-plugged.” which would be the USB cable in this case, so I did that.

So it looks like the Qnix 2710 does not support HDCP and therefore the HDCP unsupported adapter is the one to get in order to avoid having to contact support and reflash firmware.

on 13-01-2023

Great to hear it’s fixed!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel