Club 3D CAC-1053 question/problem

Updated on 17-06-2016 in Adapters and Cables
6 on 21-05-2016

Hallo,
I needed to connect HDMI out on my Dell Latitude laptop to a DisplayPort monitor (both fairly current Dell products), and the computershop sold me a CAC-1053. However it does not work. I tested the HDMI out on my laptop with the same hdmi cable connected to a HDMI tv and that works (so the hdmi out port is not broken). I also tested the DP in on the monitor from a Dell desktop with DP out and that works too, so the DP in on the monitor is not broken.
Am I missing something?
On your product page it says this product is used “to connect a DisplayPort™ supported computer to an HDMI™ supported High Definition (3D) Television, (3D) Monitor …”
In my case it is the reverse but does this matter ; is this only ‘one way’?

Sorry for my ignorance & thanks for any useful info.

Best regards

• Liked by
0 on 24-05-2016

Hi Bavo, can you confirm the Dell model number and monitor brand and type? Thanks!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 17-06-2016

Hi Bravo this is an active adapter that only works from DP to HDMI and its not bidirectional.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 17-06-2016

Thanks.
1. Does your answer imply that a passive adapter would work in both directions?
2. Also: what are some practical use cases or examples where an active adapter is needed, are most DP ports in modern computers not DP++ right out of the box. Please enlighten me.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 17-06-2016

Hi Bravo, The signal gets converted from DP to HDMI and for that you need a chip on the adapter. You would need an adapter thats specifically HDMI to DP

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 17-06-2016

OK thanks, could you also answer my second question regarding where an active adapter is absolutely needed in your experience. Or said otherwise: which class of devices with DisplayPort interfaces mainly have DP out instead of DP++?
Thanks, it’s Bavo, although I kind of start liking Bravo…

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 17-06-2016

Hi Bavo, my apologies 🙂 your secondary question requires more research … basically its work in progress and most of devices nowadays carry the DP++ Logo you can use the standard DP to plug to monitors with DP input – Its not a technology that has been widely adopted for TVs so most of the time you will need an adapter to split the image.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort this  link really sums it up.

• Liked by
Cancel