CLUB 3D CAC-1070-Windows 10, AMD R9 290X , Samsung UHD (No UHD Color mode) Custom Resoluti
Updated on 09-01-2017 in Adapters and Cables.
Hi Habbz84,
I think Driver version 16.8.3 is overall working best.
I know AMD made many small driver updates after that, however all aimed at RX400 series and non that I know of for R7/9 200 or 300 Series. I do hear end-users with R7/9 200/300 series Cards reporting that 16.12.2 also works quite decent for them. Did not test that myself yet.
Please uninstall the current Graphics driver and all related Graphics software like Afterburner/GPU-Z or whatever graphics related software you might have installed. Best way to remove Driver Software is to boot Windows in Safe mode, so the registry can also be cleaned. When you system does not allow you to do that, you can also use a program like DDU to remove such software: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
Reboot and manually download and install
16.8.3 graphics driver (don’t let auto installer from Windows do that) You can find here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous/detail?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064&rev=16.8.3
Or
16.12.2 graphics driver (don’t let auto installer from Windows do that) You can find here: #”>http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64#
After this make a custom resolution for 3840x2160p at 60Hz with Timing Standard set to CVT-Reduced Blanking.

Insert Image