Club 3D Radeon R9 290 royalAce, blackscreen

Updated on 01-08-2015 in R9 290 Series
9 on 13-07-2015

Hi i have bought the Club 3D Radeon R9 290 royalAce, and it black screens within 1-2 min of my pc being turned on and then it just stays like that, the only place where it doesnt do that is in the bios.
I have tried updating bios and gfx drivers but that doesn’t change anything.
Any suggestions before i go tell the shop i bought it from that it must be broken?

Pc specs:

-ASUS B85M-G.

-Intel Core I7-4790K @4GHz.

-Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo – 120mm.

-Club 3D Radeon R9 290 royalAce.

-16 GB Crucial DDR3 PC1600.

-Samsung SSD 850 EVO 2.5” Sata 6 – 250GB.

-Samsung 7200rpm, 32MB Sata 2 – 750GB.

-Club 3D 1000W Bronze psu.

• Liked by
0 on 14-07-2015

Hi NatExpressen, thank you for contacting us and unfortunate to hear that you are experiencing issues with your card. Before sending your card for RMA, can you let us know if any previous graphics card has been installed in your system? If yes, was it an Nvidia or AMD card? And if yes, do you know if any previous driver version has been completely sweeped from your system? If possible, do you have a way to cross test with a different card in your system and/ or with the R9 290 Ace in a different system? Thanks!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 14-07-2015

Im currently using my MSI R7850-2GD5/OC Radeon HD 7850 2GB, since the screens goes black too fast, for me to actually do anything exept installing the gfx driver, when using the 290.
I’ve tried both removing the drivers (done before switching the cards, because of the fast black screens), then installing the driver with the  290 card installed, i’ve also just tried installing the newest driver and then switching the cards around. 
I do not have any way to test the 290 in another system.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 14-07-2015

I’ve now also tried that DDU tool, but it still blacks out faster than i can install the driver.

• Liked by
Cancel
2 on 24-07-2015

Having occasional black screens and locks up.
Uninstalled and reinstalled amd 15.7.
Windows 7 64 bit
I5 4690k OC to 4.1 GB
Gigabyte gaming 5 MB
2 Fury 4GB 1866
Lepa 1000 watt PSU
New build so no other graphics card have ever been installed.
No other cards or systems to check the card.
I had this problem before but is getting more frequent with time and updates.

on 24-07-2015

Hi Mercy, 
Are you overclocking the system or having the default settings in your BIOS settings?
Did you check if you have all the latest windows updates? Make sure under windows updates you tick into the lower part where it says check windows updates online, it normally have more updates than the standard updates tab.
Check by pulling one memory out and see if the system works fine and then check the other memory module to verify if either one is providing issues.
I see that you OC the CPU, under default settings do you have the same issues?
Can you verify your temperatures?
Thank you in advance.

on 28-07-2015

Temps were never an issue. 37 degrees on the CPU and 74 degrees on the GPU were my highest readings.
When I set all the settings to default the issue becomes more frequent.
I’m rewriting this for a second time, on my phone this time.
Esstially I suspect the card is defective causing a forced reboot that locks up and crashes the system.
I’m going to take my system in to a computer shop and test it.
We’ll soon know what the problem is.
I apreciate your assistance but my patience has it’s limits.
Judging by the number of issues on this site with this product, I question the choices I’ve made in spite of the weeks of research I did.
I sincerely hope your product isn’t the cause of my difficulties.
I’ll contact you once the issue has been fully diagnosed.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 29-07-2015

Hi Mercy4nun, can you please contact our support team via [email protected] ? Should the card be defective and needs to be returned for RMA we can assist you better, thanks.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 30-07-2015

Since i haven’t gotten a response in 14+ days, i’ll assume that you have no solution for my problem, and that the card is faulty.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 01-08-2015

It would appear I have a faulty cache buffer. Thank you for your help and will contact the support team about RMA for the card.

• Liked by
Cancel